Where Are You With Fall Regimens?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
swami7774
Grass Type: Some tall fescues, along with Bedazzled, Bewitched, Blue Velvet.
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Where Are You With Fall Regimens?

Post by swami7774 » November 29th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Just did the final mowing of the year and am preparing to apply urea.

CPascal
Grass Type: Back: 65% KBG (Bedazzled, NuDestiny, Rhapsody),20% PRG, 15% Firefly Hard Fescue. Front: Double Eagle Perennial Rye Shaded areas: Mix of fine fescues and Bewitched KBG
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Experienced

Post by CPascal » December 2nd, 2018, 2:28 pm

Just did final “winterization” yesterday ahead of last night’s and today’s rain. Used Vigoro Supergreen (35-0-0).

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » December 3rd, 2018, 7:09 pm

I'm all done as of past weekend. Would have liked to have gotten one more N app down this fall but it did pretty well and recovered nicely. I think this spring will be glorious.

Jackson
Grass Type: Cool Northern
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by Jackson » April 17th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Green wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 9:02 pm
Jackson wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 1:02 pm
Found some dirt cheap fertilizer on closeout. Cost $6 for the whole yard and I went heavy. Threw er' down yesterday. We'll see if I threw down too late in a few months.
Hopefully not too much, either. There is little reason to use more than 1 lb per thousand of N for this app, and some people have even been experimenting with less (like me). More may actually just contribute to runoff or leaching. As far as timing, as long as your grass is not growing and soil is not frozen, and it got watered in, it will work.
In years past I had a big ol bag of UREA that I spoon fed after every mowing in the late fall, then dumped the rest when growth stopped. Last year I was busy and I just did one app. It's kind of funny because I don't remember where I got the $6 fertilizer. But the lawn looks absolutely incredible. It was the first to green-up on the block and it is a deep emerald color now.

I will say that when I spoon-fed that the grass it repaired and filled in a lot better during the fall and started great in the spring. Now It looks great but is filling in now - lots of new growth. Im sure after the first cut that the results will be very similar.

Masbustelo
Grass Type: Mazama KBG
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by Masbustelo » April 18th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Somewhere on this thread, (last fall), the question was asked: Had anyone ever put down the final app of Nitrogen, and none of the earlier doses? I did exactly that to my sons lawn. It is definitely greener that it would have been with no fall urea, but not at all in the condition if it had received the full treatment. In other words, not good practice, but better than nothing.