Snow cover anyone?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
rucraz2
Grass Type: NoMix
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Snow cover anyone?

Post by rucraz2 » November 18th, 2018, 12:22 pm

The first bit of snow we got melted enough to get out there one last time. I ended up bagging the back yard since there were clumps of grass and leaves that didn't break down enough to get into the canopy. This was simply because I didn't get out there enough this fall. There were some frozen clumps and spots that were suffocating the turf. So I think I made the right choice doing that. I got the piles of leaves in the front mulched enough to be satisfied with how that looked going into winter. But I am very doubtful I will be able to get my final app down this year with the additional amount of snow we got, which looks to stay for the foreseeable future. My next challenge will be getting xmas lights up on the roof.

KBGkicksazz
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Post by KBGkicksazz » November 22nd, 2018, 5:03 pm

In in NH and we have a good 6-8 inches of snow as my lawn is completely covered and temps are at record cold.

We can get snow this time of year but usually melts away until about Dec 15 when the real cold starts.

Hopefully we get a warm spell or the risk of snow mild will go way up.

This is me
Grass Type: Front-SS Sunny Mix. Back-SS KGB Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Novice

Post by This is me » November 26th, 2018, 10:49 am

Still snow covered here although today's rain and the rest of the week dry and above freezing temp should melt all of it away. I just hope the lawn is dry enough for me to put down the winterizer.