Fungus

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
Ruxie88
Grass Type: Northern mix
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Fungus

Post by Ruxie88 » January 6th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Got out and walked the lawn. I noticed a lot of yellow/dead grass. My initial thought was winter dormancy. After a closer look, I noticed quite a bit of leaf spot and possible other fungus. Can anything be done this time of year?

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Re: Fungus

Post by Green » January 8th, 2019, 1:03 am

Postimg is being funny again I guess. The photos don't show up when I tap them. I had some rust myself from late Summer, going into Winter, but it seemed to fade away with the cold. I treated it in the Fall, mostly with Serenade, and kept up the Serenade into December. I noticed a spot of red thread the other day. This is a tough Fall and Winter as far as lawn disease.

umbo514
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Level: Some Experience

Post by umbo514 » January 9th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Green wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:03 am
Postimg is being funny again I guess. The photos don't show up when I tap them. I had some rust myself from late Summer, going into Winter, but it seemed to fade away with the cold. I treated it in the Fall, mostly with Serenade, and kept up the Serenade into December. I noticed a spot of red thread the other day. This is a tough Fall and Winter as far as lawn disease.
Green, while I was spraying my trees to protect them from deer I too noticed more than a handful of spots with red thread. Related to the original question, is there really anything that can be done now?

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Level: Experienced

Post by Green » January 10th, 2019, 12:26 am

I don't know if there is, and am not sure if it's necessary as it gets colder. Here, temps are now dropping and we will be below 40 for the next 10-day forecast. So, I'm not concerned, because I don't think red thread can do much when it's that cold.