KBGkicksazz
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Huma Grow Products

Post by KBGkicksazz » June 29th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Anyone try HumaGrow Products?

I got my hands on their Breakout and Curiousity Products
as I happened to be on an international flight sitting next to one of their executives (Long story). 15 hours of talking about lawns and soil amendments 😂

They have a whole line of products. I’m thinking of ordering their Iron product as well.

The Lawn Ginja from YouTube uses HumaGrow as well.

Thoughts?

KBGkicksazz

Re: Huma Grow Products

Post by KBGkicksazz » June 29th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Here’s the product collateral as well.

KBGkicksazz

Post by KBGkicksazz » June 30th, 2019, 7:43 am

Here’s their micronutrient products.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » June 30th, 2019, 8:56 am

The products appear to use good ingredients, and the types of items used are quite compatible with the regimens that we recommend when building annual plans. The products sold are aimed at golf courses and agriculture, where they're not going to spend time using individual nutrients that are identified by the soil test results.

The first big difference with what we recommend is that we don't use pre-made formulations that may add items that you're not lacking. Obviously, a commercial supplier can't build a custom product for your lawn/soil. The second difference is that you're paying someone to put the water in the bottle, and paying for someone to ship the weight of the water to your door. Many people think that these products will save time, and then discover that foliar applications are required significantly more often than granular applications.

If the differences don't bother you and the added costs don't bother you, then these appear to be good products. Be aware that there is nothing in them that is not already discussed and used here.

Once again, there is no miracle-in-a-bag (or bottle).

PS: it is NOT a good idea to try to mix a foliar program with a soil-based program unless you are experienced enough to know where there are overlaps in the programs, and make changes in one or the other program/regimen to avoid overdosing.

KBGkicksazz

Post by KBGkicksazz » June 30th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I’m going to order their Turf Iron. Every 3-4 weeks should suffice for me and it’s only 2oz per thousand and can use a hose end sprayer to put it down. Easy peezy.

Unlike a Golf course who uses it weekly for us in Northern New England our growing season isn’t year round so it’s not astronomically expensive.

Did you check out their micro nutrient product details? Those are targeted.

andy10917 wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 8:56 am
The products appear to use good ingredients, and the types of items used are quite compatible with the regimens that we recommend when building annual plans. The products sold are aimed at golf courses and agriculture, where they're not going to spend time using individual nutrients that are identified by the soil test results.

The first big difference with what we recommend is that we don't use pre-made formulations that may add items that you're not lacking. Obviously, a commercial supplier can't build a custom product for your lawn/soil. The second difference is that you're paying someone to put the water in the bottle, and paying for someone to ship the weight of the water to your door. Many people think that these products will save time, and then discover that foliar applications are required significantly more often than granular applications.

If the differences don't bother you and the added costs don't bother you, then these appear to be good products. Be aware that there is nothing in them that is not already discussed and used here.

Once again, there is no miracle-in-a-bag (or bottle).

PS: it is NOT a good idea to try to mix a foliar program with a soil-based program unless you are experienced enough to know where there are overlaps in the programs, and make changes in one or the other program/regimen to avoid overdosing.

JHazzardB
Grass Type: Front Yard: KBG blend. Back Bewitched/Nuglade
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Experienced

Post by JHazzardB » July 1st, 2019, 10:57 am

Just out of curiosity, are you gonna apply it too 100% of yard or leave an area untouched so you can compare?

KBGkicksazz

Post by KBGkicksazz » July 1st, 2019, 11:05 am

I’m going to apply it everywhere including my shrub beds.

Don’t have any areas that would not stick out if I did some kind of control area.
JHazzardB wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 10:57 am
Just out of curiosity, are you gonna apply it too 100% of yard or leave an area untouched so you can compare?