Lesco's CarbonPro-G

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
schreibdave
Grass Type: Bewitched, Award and Rhapsody
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Lesco's CarbonPro-G

Post by schreibdave » August 19th, 2019, 7:01 am

Is anybody familiar with Lesco's CarbonPro-G?

The guys at Site One were talking it up.

https://www.lesco.com/sites/default/fil ... onProG.PDF

flyingfish88
Grass Type: TTTF/PRG/FF
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Lesco's CarbonPro-G

Post by flyingfish88 » August 19th, 2019, 7:41 am

I am no expert, but I enjoy reading the soil test results on this site.

It always seems that areas such as PH, CEC and OM are the hardest and longest needles to move.

This product claims to move the needle on two of them in 30 days. I’d be a bit skeptical on that and waiting to see what the experts here say.

schreibdave
Grass Type: Bewitched, Award and Rhapsody
Lawn Size: 10000-20000

Post by schreibdave » August 19th, 2019, 9:21 am

Their material touts an INCREASE in PH. Mine is about 8 so I need to reduce it. Not sure if the claim is that it moves PH to neutral or that it raises it.

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » August 20th, 2019, 9:03 pm

I can't see the label. No way to really know what's in there to comment on how it may achieve its claims.

TimmyG
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Post by TimmyG » August 20th, 2019, 9:13 pm

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » August 20th, 2019, 9:47 pm

So it is mostly pelletized compost and biochar (must be the secret ingredient) with some humid acid and specific biological fungi etc thrown in. Looks really beneficial to the microherd. Biochar I'm assuming is some sort of processed organic matter, pelletized, lots of carbon etc.

Theres no NPK on it so I assume it's not classified as a fertilizer to adjust nutrient levels.

Theres a wide range of application rates on it. It can probably be applied in any reasonable amount that diesnt smother the turf. I'd test and see how quickly it breaks down before exceeding the labelled rates.

I'd probably use it in the same way I'd use humid acid sprays like kelp help and what not.

Would i use it for nutrients? No, i dont see any listed.

Would i use it to increase OM? Probably not, it's a lot less expensive to do that in other ways, since you'd have to buy a lot of this product. Even other things you can buy like pine pellets or alfalfa pellets may be less per pound of OM. No doubt it will help here, it's just pricey for that.

I think it would be a good supplement. I'm wondering how this compares to someone that is hauling in free sources of OM, and spraying cheap sources of humid acid or other biostimulants?

Surely its convenient, easy to apply, and wont hurt anything, but I cant help but think of how much further a dollar would go with other approaches.

I'm wondering how this might work with or against a biofungicide program? Would they be complimentary? Would they fight against something like actinovate or serenade's biologies?

Hammbone81
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 5000-10000

Post by Hammbone81 » September 15th, 2020, 1:26 pm

I don't usually got to SiteOne for my lawn stuff, but stopped by the other day. I've been buying the Earthworks Renovate and Replenish products. While at SiteOne, I learned of CarbonPro-G. Thought maybe it's a lower cost alternative to the Earthworks stuff?

It's been over a year since CarbonPro-G was brought up. Anyone have any experience with it?
I'm curious if it'd help hang on to urea in November. (mid-late November urea doesn't seem to have the affect on my new house sandy soil like it did when I had good soil). I don't know, maybe the Earthworks stuff I started using this year will help with that?