Tenacity after overseed

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
reggie517
Grass Type: TTTF/KBG
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Tenacity after overseed

Post by reggie517 » September 3rd, 2019, 1:19 pm

I am a bit confused and wanted clarification. After reading the label on my tenacity it seems like I can apply it any time after seeding but before germination? I put my seed down on Sunday (TTTF) and was hoping to spray the sections with new top soil with Tenacity at some point in the next day or two. I want to make sure this is ok.

PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Tenacity after overseed

Post by PSU4ME » September 3rd, 2019, 8:47 pm

Yeah that’s fine

TimmyG
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Experienced

Post by TimmyG » September 3rd, 2019, 10:44 pm

Yes. And be sure to skip the surfactant.

mobiledynamics
Grass Type: KBG / going to try TTF
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by mobiledynamics » September 4th, 2019, 7:57 am

For clarity, tenacity should be applied at time of overseed (and or before it germinates) and or 3-4 weeks after germination if I recall on the label ?
If I recall, it applied anywhere IN BETWEEN, it may kill off some, or and stunt the new seedling . This is only for KBG . What effects does it have on others when it is applied on new seedling or too early post germination ?

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Post by Green » September 5th, 2019, 12:19 am

mobiledynamics wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 7:57 am
For clarity, tenacity should be applied at time of overseed (and or before it germinates) and or 3-4 weeks after germination if I recall on the label ?
If I recall, it applied anywhere IN BETWEEN, it may kill off some, or and stunt the new seedling . This is only for KBG . What effects does it have on others when it is applied on new seedling or too early post germination ?
Same results. It can whiten, damage, and/or kill any of the common cool season turfgrass seedling species.

Surfactant is ok (you get both post and pre control at the same time). But as you say, it needs to be applied and be watered before germination begins, or you risk undesired effects, as noted.

mobiledynamics
Grass Type: KBG / going to try TTF
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by mobiledynamics » September 5th, 2019, 9:11 am

-Same results. It can whiten, damage, and/or kill any of the common cool season turfgrass seedling species.-

Is this for all cool season grasses. And or in my readings, FF is more suspect to kill on on young seedlings ?
I read post where I believe the poster was saying he applied it once every other week on new seedling (fairly diluted)

As a pre/post M, I'm trying to understand the risks involved when one applies in during the -in between- and is only on all cultivars or just some. I have seen it's effects on what I perceived was mature new KBG blades (blades were thick but it was new seedling). It did whiten but recovered from it. No signs of stunting