Prodiamine rate question

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
flyin-lowe
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre
Level: Some Experience

Prodiamine rate question

Post by flyin-lowe » March 17th, 2020, 10:33 pm

Due to the size of my lawn (almost 4 acres of grass) I have to try to do the best I can without breaking the bank. I try to apply a Pre M, use some tri mec/24 D a couple time a year and then a winterizer fert application around Thanksgiving. I did a reno of an acre of the yard 2 years ago. This year I am going to apply this Prodiamine I purchased ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G ... UTF8&psc=1 ). I am not sure but there is a chance I will need to over seed later this fall so I want to put down enough of this Prodiamine to help me control what crabgrass I can this spring and summer but also be able to over seed sometime in late August give or take. Due to the location of this part of my lawn I can't get water to it so my over seed window will just depend on when we get a forecast of several days of rain.
Anyway I would like to hear your guys thoughts on the amount of this Prodiamine I should apply this spring and still be able to over seed later this year. Based on the Forsythia thread it is getting close to time.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Re: Prodiamine rate question

Post by edslawn » March 22nd, 2020, 6:10 pm

Look at page 2 for the appropiate application rates and page 3 for the reseeding instructions. If you apply correctly, it seems that a fall reseeding shouldn't be a problem.

http://newsomseed.com/resources/Prodiam ... _LABEL.pdf

PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest

Post by PSU4ME » March 23rd, 2020, 9:13 pm

.75 tablespoon per gallon over 1k sqft gets me about 4 months worth of coverage. You can verify that by looking on the label

flyin-lowe

Post by flyin-lowe » March 24th, 2020, 10:23 am

Thanks
I checked the label, looks like since I have a 25 gallon sprayer I can used 3/4 pound mixed in 25 gallons and spray that over 1 acre for 4 months control. Should be good to reseed after August.

flyin-lowe

Post by flyin-lowe » March 25th, 2020, 8:19 pm

How soon after this is applied should it be watered in? I am doing several acres and plan to put it down tomorrow. There is a 50-60% chance of rain tomorrow night and then rain in the forecast for the next several days after that. If I put it down tomorrow and we don't end up getting rain for a day or so is that a huge deal? I work with such a large area that I have to rely on mother nature for water most of the time.

HSB3-LI
Grass Type: Blueberry, Midnight, Prosperity Kentucky Bluegrass
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Experienced

Post by HSB3-LI » March 25th, 2020, 9:42 pm

Label on my prodiamine indicates you have 14 days to water it in with at least 0.5" water.

flyin-lowe

Post by flyin-lowe » March 26th, 2020, 10:01 pm

I put it down tonight on 2 acres of my lawn. I did 3/4 pound per acre, hoping to be able to overseed both areas this fall.

PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest

Post by PSU4ME » March 27th, 2020, 8:48 pm

I think you’ll be good. My apps always “seem” to run out sooner than I plan but it’s likely user error on my part!