Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
PaulMartin
Grass Type: Tall Fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Triangle approach and herbicide near trees

Post by PaulMartin » May 22nd, 2020, 12:47 pm

Hello,
I am new to lawn care and want to try the triangle approach. I’m in the San Francisco bay area (los altos zone 9b), mix of fescue and prg (I think?). I have many weeds which look like crab grass, and other broad leaf plants. I have approximately 2300 sq ft of lawn divided into 3 different areas. Lawn area # 3 has redwood tree roots exposed, the same area has a fruitless mulberry in the grass area and a ginkgo seperated from the grass by 2-3 feet. Lawn area #2 does not have trees on the grass area, but an oak and a Japanese maple are within 3-5 feet of the grass.
My question is regarding the safety of weed b gon and or tenacity near trees. I will not spray on the exposed roots, I will do my best to avoid drift etc. I would like to know if I can spray on the grass which is near the trees without damaging the trees. If too risky; can you recommend another broad spectrum herbicide? I wish I could provide more information regarding the weeds, unfortunately, I am still learning how to ID weeds
Thank you,
Paul

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url]