Can "Too Much" Serenade Be A Problem?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
ken-n-nancy
Grass Type: Front: KBG (Bewitched+Prosperity); Side: Bewitched KBG; Back: Fine Fescue Blend + Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Can "Too Much" Serenade Be A Problem?

Post by ken-n-nancy » July 2nd, 2020, 11:27 am

Applied Serenade at 3.3oz/K to all KBG. Used Earthway S25 sprayer, applied about 1.5gal/Ksqft. Applied 28oz in 16gal of water to 8400sqft.

Question: Has anybody out there ever experienced a problem with *overapplication* of Serenade? (Other than to the pocketbook...)

I had an issue last year with something I sprayed on the lawn causing damage to the grass.

My hypothesis had been that it was an overapplication of propiconizole, but I never actually confirmed that to be the case. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that overapplication of Serenade shouldn't cause any bad effects.

Today, I applied Serenade at 3.3oz/K to all KBG, using our Earthway S25 sprayer, which applies about 1.5gal/Ksqft. So, in sum, I applied 28oz of Serenade in 16gal of water to 8400sqft.

Has anybody seen problems with overapplication of Serenade, whether it be due to overlaps in coverage, applying too much to begin with due to mis-measuring, or applying it again too soon?

In a related question, could any harm come from leaving the remaining mixed, but unapplied, Serenade in the sprayer for the next application in about 8 days?

Thanks for any info and/or lessons learned others can provide!

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Can "Too Much" Serenade Be A Problem?

Post by andy10917 » July 2nd, 2020, 1:38 pm

I've never seen any issues with overapplication.