Can you apply both Prodiamine and Dimension during the same season?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
northeastlawn
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Can you apply both Prodiamine and Dimension during the same season?

Post by northeastlawn » August 2nd, 2020, 6:48 pm

I have usually always applied Prodiamine as my pre-m. My lawn is pretty long this year and I feel as some of my poa-a problems may be the Prodiamine I spray is not making it to the soil surface even though I water it in. I defiantly feel that the Prodiamine wore off and I got new poa-a coming up late spring.

This year I was thinking of applying granular Dimension in early August as it may get to the surface better and then water it in as directed....

Then use Prodiamine in September as I begin to cut the lawn shorter and then in late October to maximize my winter coverage as our winters are getting milder and milder.

Are there any issues using both Dimensions and Prodiamine this way?

Paul
Grass Type: Bewitched KBG Monostand
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Re: Can you apply both Prodiamine and Dimension during the same season?

Post by Paul » August 3rd, 2020, 10:43 am

No issues as long as you don't exceed the yearly limits for both. I apply Dimension in the spring and Barricade (Prodiamine) in the late summer/fall. I just applied my first split application of Barricade this past weekend. I prefer granular for pre-emergent.

KBGkicksazz
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Post by KBGkicksazz » August 4th, 2020, 12:40 am

Yes and common. Dithiopyr/Dimension in spring as it’s good against crabgrass. Prodiamine in mid to late August due to Long residual to get through winter.

I don’t like year round prodiamine as if you need to reseed the Long residual can bite you and it is a root clipper so I like the dual approach

northeastlawn
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Post by northeastlawn » August 4th, 2020, 11:59 am

Ill probably do that next year; Dithiopyr first in the spring, then Prodiamine.

I defiantly feel like for most of spring the POA-A was held at bay and I could see KBG spreading into bare spots. Then sometime around May/June the POA-A germinated and filling in. This is after a summer I barely watered and it should ahem dyed off.

I also want to test and see if a granular pre-m is better if the lawn is long. I am never all that happy with the coverage when i spray on the driveway to test the coverage. It always seem like spots are missed.