How is everyone making out with disease this year?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
mdxers
Grass Type: Bewitched, Award, Mazama
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: How is everyone making out with disease this year?

Post by mdxers » August 19th, 2020, 8:53 am

High humidity and hot temps with little rain destroyed most of the back yard. Currently under reno. Monthly Propiconazole treatments beginning in May did absolutely nothing. Clearys 3336 and Disease-Ex did bring back much of the front yard though. The back yard went from a few spots to widespread destruction in about two weeks after the Fourth of July.

KBGkicksazz
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: How is everyone making out with disease this year?

Post by KBGkicksazz » August 19th, 2020, 9:00 am

mdxers wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 8:53 am
High humidity and hot temps with little rain destroyed most of the back yard. Currently under reno. Monthly Propiconazole treatments beginning in May did absolutely nothing. Clearys 3336 and Disease-Ex did bring back much of the front yard though. The back yard went from a few spots to widespread destruction in about two weeks after the Fourth of July.
I’ve learned a lot about disease over the last two seasons my yard seems to be a Petri dish 🧫

I’m going to start applying earlier in the season next year as it’s there in the lawn when the lawn is awesome looking in the spring but it’s simply outgrowing the disease so you don’t see it as much. Then the heat comes, growth slows and you end up playing catch up.

With active disease it’s a 10-14 day residual of which you need to hit it again. At this point in the year I’m just letting the lawn out grow it and no more fungicide. I’ve got a few spots of dollar spot but they don’t look horrible to anyone but me