Weed I.d.

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
Itscold
Grass Type: KGB
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Weed I.d.

Post by Itscold » September 7th, 2020, 10:23 am

I've been battling this for a couple of years. It seems to be spreading a little more this year. Any idea?

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Re: Weed I.d.

Post by Green » September 7th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Prostrate Knotweed...not Spurge, because the leaves are alternating.

Best thing you can do is to apply several rounds of pre and post emergents that are labeled for it starting in late Winter or very early Spring as soon as the ground thaws. But some pre emergents are better than others. I controlled some this year on a lawn that had it on the edges by doing a Pendimethalin in March, following it in the Spring with a couple of Tenacity apps, and a Gallery application and another label rate Pendi split-app sandwiched in between...and then a Dimension split app in June once that was about to wear off. I basically kept up a barrier and also used post emergent control as needed for whatever germinated.

Itscold
Grass Type: KGB
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Weed I.d.

Post by Itscold » September 7th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Thanks for the i.d. This stuff is no joke. I apply a pre-m but I deal with this at the hell strip no matter what. A couple of years ago I nuked it all and grew grass but it comes back eventually. I figured it was a spurge but It didn't react to post m like spurge would. Thanks!!