Does anyone have any experience with Xonerate 2SC for POA-A Control?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
northeastlawn
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Does anyone have any experience with Xonerate 2SC for POA-A Control?

Post by northeastlawn » October 12th, 2020, 6:06 pm

My KBG lawn got through the summer with twice a week waterings and has responded really well to the fall fertilizer program. This year i had to really bring it back from the dead, so my goal was to get it strong enough to maybe do weekly waterings next year.

Unfortunately a lot of poa-a has also made it through the summer and is growing like gang busters. I know its poa-a based on the occasional seedhead, color, ligule, and it pulls out very easily withy shallow roots. I got my pre-m down in August and last week to try and prevent more of it, but this poa-a that gets through the summer is a lot tougher.

I find that it takes multiple tenacity apps to even mark it out. I haven't found Tenacity does a great job with it. Im not sure if all the fall nitrogen doesn't;t make it harder to kill.

Since I applied my last pre-m, Ill probably have to wait to do any more hand pulling. I guess thats an option for next spring, but I am considering using Xonerate 2SC on it next spring.

Anyone have any experience with stuff?

Orangehills
Grass Type: KBG Midnight, Blue Velvet, Moonlight SLT
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Does anyone have any experience with Xonerate 2SC for POA-A Control?

Post by Orangehills » October 12th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Hi Northeastern,

No experience but found this paper from Rutgers, test was on a fairway with Perennial ryegrass:

https://turf.rutgers.edu/research/reports/2017/123.pdf