Need some clarification....

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Re: Need some clarification....

Post by MorpheusPA » April 8th, 2021, 2:40 pm

Two weeks before water-in is acceptable, so rain before the 22nd would be just fine if you sprayed today. :-)

It has been a very dry spring, so one thing to consider here is that, although it's time, the weeds are also not sprouting very well. It's simply too durned dry. Here in PA, I see a possibility of rainfall on Sunday. So at the very least, the clock is stopped on everything and there's no major rush on the pre-emergent, either.

Even with the pleasant weather we're having, there are very few weeds in the garden. There's been no rainfall to grow them. The couple that did get started in the last batch of rain are dying from the spray I gave 'em. I haven't even mowed yet.

fun4me2
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Post by fun4me2 » April 8th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Forsythia popped today. Did the dry run with my pump sprayer and water to cover 2,500 sq. ft.
It took 2 gals. I'll premix in 5 gal bucket and add the blue dye to each gallon.
I'm hoping the blue is dark enough that I can see it. I thought late in the day may be better visual. :confused:
Forecast says rain on Sunday and on and off showers during the week.
I was going to apply the prodiamine on Saturday but since you said its' ok to apply it today....
I will do it tomorrow.
I have some weeds popping up. I think it's some kind of chickweed.
I read somewhere that it's ok to mix CCO with prodiamine, however I think I'll do it separate. :confused:

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Post by MorpheusPA » April 8th, 2021, 10:44 pm

Do it separately and spot spray with the CCO; there's no need or reason to blanket spray the entire lawn, stress the poor thing, and overapply an herbicide. CCO can also sit in the sprayer for a very long time. When I find out how long, I'll let you know. My tank is turning 3 this year, still works fine, but I think I'll run out and have to re-mix from the concentrate. I simply use that little.

As long as you get a quarter inch of precipitation (or irrigation) within two weeks of application of Prodiamine, it's fine. And as long as it's more than three hours after application of CCO, it's also fine (it should sit on the plant for at least 3 hours for best absorption).

fun4me2
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Post by fun4me2 » April 9th, 2021, 7:09 am

MorpheusPA wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 10:44 pm
Do it separately and spot spray with the CCO; there's no need or reason to blanket spray the entire lawn, stress the poor thing, and overapply an herbicide. CCO can also sit in the sprayer for a very long time. When I find out how long, I'll let you know. My tank is turning 3 this year, still works fine, but I think I'll run out and have to re-mix from the concentrate. I simply use that little.

As long as you get a quarter inch of precipitation (or irrigation) within two weeks of application of Prodiamine, it's fine. And as long as it's more than three hours after application of CCO, it's also fine (it should sit on the plant for at least 3 hours for best absorption).
I had been mixing 1/2 gal of CCO, use what I need then dump the rest in a milk jug with cap.
I then mix the WBG in the pump sprayer as I use that more.
Wow, I did not know that. I guess I missed that part about prodiamine.
Thank you Morph :good:
BTW I do copy all conversations and have a folder labeled Lawn Andy & Morph.(you have recently been added :D )
Kind of like my little ATY Bible of sorts. :amen: