I'm trying Anuew for POA Triv control

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
bazilbrush
Grass Type: Dead
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

I'm trying Anuew for POA Triv control

Post by bazilbrush » May 7th, 2021, 2:10 pm

I have a Fescue lawn and it is infested with POA A and POA Triv. I dont have a good enough eye to detect all of the patches, though 2 Tenacity applications have helped to light some of it up. I hate the stalky stems on the POA Triv - they feel awful underfoot and they look ugly. I have so much of it that I'm convinced I must have unwittingly seeded it at some point.

It is clear from research that POA Triv is a misery to eliminate from cool season lawns. I have considered a full renovation, but I'm new to this game and figure I can always do that another year. And honestly my lawn looks OK. I thought about spot trading the patches with Glypho, but I'd rather not be staring at giant bald spots all summer. Plus I'm sure I would miss some anyway.

So why Anuew? Honestly, because some guy on YouTube said it might work. And I dont think I have a whole lot to lose from trying it. I can blanket spray the whole lawn and don't have to worry about missing patches of POA. I'll be tank spraying it with a surfactant this weekend, 1lb/acre. Wish me luck.

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Level: Advanced

Re: I'm trying Anuew for POA Triv control

Post by MorpheusPA » May 8th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Good luck! Let us know if it works. Seriously, pictures. We love to see P. triv suffer.

JeffreyLebowski
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by JeffreyLebowski » May 9th, 2021, 6:24 pm

I will be following. I have a shady area that is overrun. Same as you, it doesn't look that bad and its not visible from the street but I would like to take it out if something besides a full reno works.

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Level: Experienced

Post by Green » May 11th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Good luck. It may the type of thing that works better in conjunction with another mode of action...PGRs and herbicides have a lot of crossover, but often PGRs alone don't do the trick fully...they might offer suppression for one season. I considered trying this stuff, but ended up buying a small bottle of Trinexapac-ethyl instead, since it was less expensive for what I needed and the jury was out on Anuew and Triv control. Trinexapac-ethyl offers no Triv control, but I'm using Sulforsulfuron for that this year.

Let us know how it goes.