Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Fungicide recommendations

Post by cginnc » June 15th, 2021, 12:00 pm

central North Carolina
TTTF
level lot
direct sunlight 10am-dusk no shade

Looking for recommendations on fungicide. Currently rotate between propiconazole liquid (either Bayer or Spectracide) and azoxystrobin granular (Scotts). 2-3 weeks between applications (started right before Memorial Day). Already have gotten a few brown patch spots, but not too bad so far. Admittedly I overdid it this spring with nitrogen fertilizer so I believe I have enhanced the fungus growing conditions in my lawn.

Should I look at the economy size gallon jugs of prop/azoxy from a specialty turf care distributor (e.g. Lesco)? Is the stuff I am getting at Lowes/Home Depot good enough? Are there better alternatives to prop/azoxy that do not require a hazmat suit to apply?

Any feedback is appreciated.

JeffreyLebowski
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Fungicide recommendations

Post by JeffreyLebowski » June 16th, 2021, 4:40 pm

I have been using the same regimen as you. I use the hose end sprayer for prop and the granular azoxy. It seems to be working, although it is probably more cost effective to get the gallon jugs and use a 4 gallon backpack sprayer. The time increase is my biggest concern for me as it would probably take 4 remix/refill cycles. Interested in opinions.

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Post by MorpheusPA » June 16th, 2021, 9:26 pm

Let's begin at the beginning. Can we have photos of the lawn? Is this a multi-year problem?

It might be possible to overseed or add in some cultivars with resistance to the brown patch rather than the constant battle you're undertaking. Rather than change the fungicide or use the fungicide...change the game.

cginnc
Grass Type: Fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by cginnc » June 16th, 2021, 10:12 pm

pre-fungus

fungus