Weed Control Regimen

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
Adam_M
Grass Type: Midnight, Bewitched, Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Weed Control Regimen

Post by Adam_M » May 8th, 2023, 10:05 am

I've got a little of everything growing, and had a few questions on my planned regimen.

2-4-D is down for the salad greens.
Triclopyr will go down 2 weeks after the 2-4-D application. Is this timing correct?

The weeds both of those affect are pervasive enough that I need a blanket spray.

On to the others:

I've lost the battle with triv in about 1.5k of my yard. The triv is a good 8-10" tall (this is intentional) while the KBG in the area is about 3", and coverage is about 50% KBG and 50% triv. I'm going to paint it with RU (easy since it is so much taller) and then hammer the area with Certainty at the .5oz/a rate every 14-21 days for whatever survives (I've tried the .5/.25/.25 regimen for a couple years, and it looks good for the fall, but the triv always comes back in the same places in the spring) until either the triv dies or the everything dies and I re-seed in the fall. This is planned to be a blanket spray for the affected area+margin.

The below items will all be spot sprays:
I've got Japanese Stiltgrass just starting to germinate. Acclaim Extra is waiting in the wings. What waiting period do I need after 2-4-D and triclopyr go down before I can get this going? Or should I slot this in before the triclopyr blanket since the Stiltgrass is still small?

I've got yellow Nutsedge starting to come up. I tried sedgehammer, admittedly later the year when it was in the high 70's-low 80's and got a lot of residual damage and not a lot of controlled nutsedge. Any suggestions on how to handle this one?

For the first time, I've got p.annua that went to seed - probably 40-50 plants. I normally light everything up with Tenacity very early in the growing season so I've probably had it before and not noticed, but I didn't this year. Probably just going to pull them, but if I decide to spray, where should I slot this in?

Adam_M
Grass Type: Midnight, Bewitched, Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000

Re: Weed Control Regimen

Post by Adam_M » May 8th, 2023, 10:33 am

Actually...

it seems like sulfentrazone may be an answer here to the clover/creeping charlie and nutsedge - the Ortho product is labeled for it. Would a blanket spray of a sulfentrazone herbicide be able to replace the sedgehammer and the triclopyr?

Irisbergamot
Grass Type: KBG, TTF
Lawn Size: 1000-3000

Re: Weed Control Regimen

Post by Irisbergamot » June 9th, 2023, 9:26 pm

I only have triclopyr and tenacity. For what it’s worth…. I saved a friends weed salad of a yard with triclopyr 61.6% ester apps every 10 days in the spring and fall (7ml with surfactant) and summer (3ml with surfactant). Tenacity 2oz rate every 3 days (4apps in spring). Tenacity 4oz x 2 in the fall with a tall fescue overseed.