Scotts question

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
flyin-lowe
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre
Level: Some Experience

Scotts question

Post by flyin-lowe » March 20th, 2024, 8:24 pm

My elderly father decided to stop paying the lawn care service and have some family (including me) help with is lawn care. I am fine with that and told him I would take care of it. I was planning to put pre m down and some fert pretty soon. I went over today to measure his yard and he told me he already bought the stuff he wants to use. I wasn't super excited because I know he doesn't know anything about it, but he had some friends tell him this is what he needs so at this point I will be putting this down to keep him happy and then the rest of the year I will buy the stuff I like to use. I have never used this Scotts product and since it's a fert, a broadleaf killer, and a pre m, all in one I am not certain about watering in. The directions just say spread product and water in after 24 hours. I have never used granular weed killers. I assume applying this stuff to a damp lawn would help it stick to any weeds. Then how long should he run the sprinklers to get it into the soil the following day? I was planning to put down prodiamine this week but he is proud of this stuf....

https://scotts.com/en-us/shop/fertilize ... ction.html

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Re: Scotts question

Post by Green » March 20th, 2024, 9:08 pm

You have the right idea. Apply to damp grass (makes a mess, not fun!). Then delay watering for 48 hours or more ideally. When you do water, a half inch of water would be ideal. Measure with a straight sided, flat bottomed container. Even a small variation or taper will throw it off. You might get lucky and get a good result from the granular post-M. Another thing: the Scotts pre-M (Pendimethalin) applied at label rate only tends to last 2 months, so 2 split apps at bag rate are usually needed for a whole Spring/Summer...no more than 8 weeks apart and no less than 6 weeks apart.

flyin-lowe
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Scotts question

Post by flyin-lowe » March 25th, 2024, 8:27 pm

I put the triple action down this morning. He didn't have many weeds so I am more concerned about the Fert and Pre M at this point. We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow evening. Depending on how things looks in a month or two I will hit it with 2 4 D then. I know the Pre M in this stuff doesn't last real long but will probably have to overseed this fall so I am not sure I will add any more Pre m this year...