Spring Fertilization (After Fall Renovation)

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
greenbum
Grass Type: Bewitched Monostand
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Spring Fertilization (After Fall Renovation)

Post by greenbum » April 22nd, 2016, 10:48 am

I've got these patches of dark green around my reno from last year, and the grass is higher than the rest of the lawn. It looks fantastic. I dug into it closer, and it looks there is rabbit poop concentrated in these areas. Stuff seems to do wonders.

So my gut says go full steam Milo, but I'm worried about fertilizing in the spring. I dont want to push blade growth at the expense of root growth. What are you guys doing with your new renos?

reppend
Grass Type: Front: KBG (Blueberry monostand) Rear: KBG (Prosperity, Brilliant, Midnight)
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Advanced

Post by reppend » April 23rd, 2016, 6:01 pm

LOVE this thread. STICKY!!!

oze
Grass Type: Northern mix transitioning to Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Post by oze » April 26th, 2016, 8:18 am

greenbum wrote:I've got these patches of dark green around my reno from last year, and the grass is higher than the rest of the lawn. It looks fantastic. I dug into it closer, and it looks there is rabbit poop concentrated in these areas. Stuff seems to do wonders.

So my gut says go full steam Milo, but I'm worried about fertilizing in the spring. I dont want to push blade growth at the expense of root growth. What are you guys doing with your new renos?
Kinda hedging my bet with my overseed project from last fall: Since I need a medium with which to spread my monthly applications of boron, I will be using Milorganite as such.