Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
kingofgreen
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

A BIG Thank You To BESTLAWN and the gang

Post by kingofgreen » June 7th, 2009, 1:44 am

Hello all
I just wanted to take a second and give a BIG THANK YOU to Mallory (Bestlawn). Last June I made a decision to renovate my so-so lawn with a elite KBG. Mallory was instrumental in helping me select cultivators to fit my requirements and also eased the pain when it came to killing off my old lawn and start from scratch.Your thoughts and personal attention were greatly appreciated. As she always says patients is absolute imperative when growing these cultivators and now everything she said is coming true. The blue tint with a little sparkle is just like you said,the "filling in" is really amazing, I couldnt be happier !! Thank you

Thank you to Andy, who took the time to whip up one of his "magic potions" and made my lawn really thrive this spring after all the rust issues during the renovation and slow growth. Who would of thought a little soap would go such a long way!! LOL. Your "soil knowledge" is truly amazing and greatly appreciated.

Finally to GaryCinChicgao who has been my wing man of this whole renovation. Sense last April Gary has endured countless rantings and ramblings from me about the renovation and has always responded with encouraging thoughts and a wealth of knowledge. Greatly appreciated bud

To everyone else on these forums, MorphousPA, Abyss,Turftoes, Bpgreen, Mishmosh,DCHall and everyone else that has helped me along the way thank you very much for taking the time to share your expertise with me.

Here we are today an Elite KBG lawn of Boutique, Midnight and Prosperity with a touch of Bedazzled

eriocaulon
Grass Type: KBG(midnight/moonlight), TTTF (summerlawn), RSBG (Winterplex, SabreIII)

Re: A BIG Thank You To BESTLAWN and the gang

Post by eriocaulon » June 7th, 2009, 9:19 am

Holy smokes! That is what I call showcase!!! Congrats.

skizot
Grass Type: Defiance XRE TTTF

Post by skizot » June 7th, 2009, 9:58 am

Looks awesome! Love that color and density, too!

MorpheusPA
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Post by MorpheusPA » June 7th, 2009, 10:29 am

You're more than welcome. It's too bad the lawn doesn't look better...NOT. :-)

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » June 7th, 2009, 10:36 am

KOG, that is truly amazing. It's beautiful.

Could I ask a huge favor? Could you spend 30 minutes and put together a single thread with one representative picture of each "phase" the lawn went through? I know it's all here in several threads, but having a single thread that shows a potential renovator what it all takes (and all the trials and tribulations) to get that end-result would be a thread that we all could point at. Oh, OK - gloat and put a few pictures of the final product.

Once again, congratulations on a result that truly defines "Showcase". What do the neighbors and friends say? Let me guess - they all think it was 100% the seed and property, and they ignore the enormous amount of work that it takes, right? That's what I'm getting about my renovation - "you're so lucky to have a piece of property that grows grass like that".

Bestlawn

Post by Bestlawn » June 7th, 2009, 10:39 am

WOWZA!!!! You really are the King of Green with that king of a lawn.
You're very welcome, and I'm extremely happy to have been a part of that fabulous outcome.
Got a favorite money shot for the showcase? I like the first one, but you may have another preference.
Just let me know if you prefer I didn't place any of the pics in the showcase or if you want to take a different one.

GaryCinChicago
Grass Type: KBG

Post by GaryCinChicago » June 7th, 2009, 11:19 am

The blue tint with a little sparkle is just like you said
And all along I thought it was called 'bluegrass' because of the seed color when allowed to mature! :rotfl:
That is absolutely DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, Jason! :good:

kingofgreen wrote:
Finally to GaryCinChicgao who has been my wing man of this whole renovation. Sense last April Gary has endured countless rantings and ramblings from me about the renovation and has always responded with encouraging thoughts and a wealth of knowledge. Greatly appreciated bud
Your very welcome :hello: ... but it wasn't me - it was yourself.
You had the desire to learn, the desire to pursue to this level and follow through and most importantly, read and absorb the links I sent you from people far more experienced and knowledgeable than myself.

I was only the map - you did the driving that got you to were you are today.

-------------

PS - The only credit I'll take is that camera I recommended to you.
If you had used your old camera, nobody would be even replying to this thread!!!!!!! Image MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » June 7th, 2009, 2:48 pm

KOG,

It's looking great! It will only get better with time too. You'll find the color will deepen and the density will improve greatly over the next two years. You're still in the early stages of the game. Flash forward to June 2011 and I think you're going to be very, very happy with your lawn.

GaryCinChicago
Grass Type: KBG

Post by GaryCinChicago » June 7th, 2009, 3:07 pm

andy10917 wrote: Could I ask a huge favor? Could you spend 30 minutes and put together a single thread with one representative picture of each "phase" the lawn went through? I know it's all here in several threads, but having a single thread that shows a potential renovator what it all takes (and all the trials and tribulations) to get that end-result would be a thread that we all could point at.
.... and be sure to include that funny looking test section you had.

Looked funny at the time, but it sure proved that something simple was lacking ;)

kingofgreen

Post by kingofgreen » June 7th, 2009, 9:54 pm

andy10917 wrote:KOG, that is truly amazing. It's beautiful.

Could I ask a huge favor? Could you spend 30 minutes and put together a single thread with one representative picture of each "phase" the lawn went through? I know it's all here in several threads, but having a single thread that shows a potential renovator what it all takes (and all the trials and tribulations) to get that end-result would be a thread that we all could point at. Oh, OK - gloat and put a few pictures of the final product.

Once again, congratulations on a result that truly defines "Showcase". What do the neighbors and friends say? Let me guess - they all think it was 100% the seed and property, and they ignore the enormous amount of work that it takes, right? That's what I'm getting about my renovation - "you're so lucky to have a piece of property that grows grass like that".
Thanks Andy, and yes I will work on that post showing my progression during the renovation over the next few days and get that posted for ya.

Surprisingly the neighbors haven really said much about the lawn, but today my brother in law was in aww about how soft the lawn felt,he asked me if he could roll around in it naked with his "special friend" :shock:.

kingofgreen

Post by kingofgreen » June 7th, 2009, 10:00 pm

Bestlawn wrote:WOWZA!!!! You really are the King of Green with that king of a lawn.
You're very welcome, and I'm extremely happy to have been a part of that fabulous outcome.
Got a favorite money shot for the showcase? I like the first one, but you may have another preference.
Just let me know if you prefer I didn't place any of the pics in the showcase or if you want to take a different one.

Your too kind Bestlawn,Thank you!! This lawn renovation is something I would have never accomplished with out everyones help on these forums. Please feel free to use what ever picture you think looks best for the Showcase. I still cant believe I have reached Showcase status!! I`ll be a giddy school kid when I see my lawn displayed on the front page!!!

kingofgreen

Post by kingofgreen » June 7th, 2009, 10:05 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I`m looking forward to my lawn growing deeper,greener,and thicker.
These elite KBG cultivators are truly amazing, and live up to the pedestal they have been placed on.

Abyss
Grass Type: Midnight II and Northstar out back

Post by Abyss » June 9th, 2009, 3:48 am

ah......it looks ok ;)

talldesk

Post by talldesk » June 13th, 2009, 4:43 pm

You did a very good job. Did you RU the old lawn before putting down the elite seeds ?

kingofgreen

Post by kingofgreen » June 13th, 2009, 10:47 pm

talldesk wrote:You did a very good job. Did you RU the old lawn before putting down the elite seeds ?
Thank you talldesk and yes I RU`d the whole lawn (10K sqft) last August

Last August

Last week

stotty295
Grass Type: Bermuda/Fescue

Post by stotty295 » June 16th, 2009, 9:48 am

Hey guys, I can't see the pictures that Kingofgreen posted. Anyone else having the same issue?

Bestlawn

Post by Bestlawn » June 16th, 2009, 10:33 am

I can see them.

stotty295
Grass Type: Bermuda/Fescue

Post by stotty295 » June 16th, 2009, 3:56 pm

I have tried Firefox and IE, no dice either way.

bpgreen
Grass Type: Western, Streambank, Crested wheatgrass in front (with blue grama added in the heckstrips), sheep fescue in back; strawberry clovetr in both
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Post by bpgreen » June 16th, 2009, 4:48 pm

I see them fine in Chrome.

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » June 16th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Your ISP might be blocking them (say, if you are surfing from a work account).