Tenacity vs Poa Trivialis: Your Results

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
jglongisland
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Tenacity vs Poa Trivialis: Your Results

Post by jglongisland » July 16th, 2015, 11:11 am

FrankZ wrote:So do you just RU an area a couple of inches outside of where you see the triv?
Or wider depending on how paranoid you are.

redcoat
Grass Type: Tall Fescue blend (Triple Threat)
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by redcoat » November 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm

nclawnguy wrote:
April 14th, 2014, 11:33 am
Tenacity is not labeled for triv or annua. Just so everyone knows I am only seeing what results I can get from my own personal experiment. I applied tenacity + triclopyr in 3 day intervals for 3 total applications to my triv and annua spots. If nothing happens, no big deal, I will kill off in the fall with ru when triv is growing strong again.
So far, triv and annua are absolutely smoked. The triv in the sunnier spots are already melting away. tttf took a little hit from the cocktail, but should recover.
It's funny to see a dark green tttf growing and bleached white spots...looks kinda cool.
Old thread - but nclawnguy, how did the cocktail work out for Triv long term?

nclawnguy
Grass Type: tttf
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by nclawnguy » December 9th, 2020, 8:51 am

redcoat wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm
nclawnguy wrote:
Tenacity is not labeled for triv or annua. Just so everyone knows I am only seeing what results I can get from my own personal experiment. I applied tenacity + triclopyr in 3 day intervals for 3 total applications to my triv and annua spots. If nothing happens, no big deal, I will kill off in the fall with ru when triv is growing strong again.
So far, triv and annua are absolutely smoked. The triv in the sunnier spots are already melting away. tttf took a little hit from the cocktail, but should recover.
It's funny to see a dark green tttf growing and bleached white spots...looks kinda cool.
Man, that was long time ago. I moved out of that house over 5 years ago and left my triv problems there. If I remember correctly, the triv did come back, but I would knock it back with tenacity. I eventually did a full reno to kbg in 2014 and I got about 50% of the triv, but it did come back. I moved in 2015 and have more land and traded my triv problems for Bermuda grass problems. Ugh.

nclawnguy
Grass Type: tttf
Level: Advanced

Post by nclawnguy » December 9th, 2020, 8:51 am

redcoat wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm
nclawnguy wrote:
Man, that was long time ago. I moved out of that house over 5 years ago and left my triv problems there. If I remember correctly, the triv did come back, but I would knock it back with tenacity. I eventually did a full reno to kbg in 2014 and I got about 50% of the triv, but it did come back. I moved in 2015 and have more land and traded my triv problems for Bermuda grass problems. Ugh.

Masbustelo
Grass Type: Mazama KBG
Level: Some Experience

Post by Masbustelo » December 9th, 2020, 8:07 pm

I started spraying triclopyr early last spring and it seemed to be quite effective at killing trivialis. At the time I didn't know it was poa trivialis dying, and thought I had too strong of a triclopyr solution. I couldn't figure out why my 'grass' was dying. Whether it kills it I don't know, but it sure seems like it knocks it back and challenges it.