Source for Celebration bermuda in North Alabama

Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia, Paspalum, etc
rrmears
Grass Type: Zorro Zoysia
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Source for Celebration bermuda in North Alabama

Post by rrmears » May 12th, 2017, 6:00 pm

I plan to renovate my backyard and was looking for a sod farm that will deliver a few pallets of Celebration bermuda to the Madison, Alabama area. Does anyone know of any sod farms in North Alabama or Southern Tennessee that have Celebration?

A couple years ago, I put down zorro zoysia in my front yard and have been pleased with that. Being on a cul-de-sac, my front yard is small so having something that requires frequent mowing and watering isn't an issue. But, the backyard is much larger and will be home to 3 dogs so I was looking for something that required less attention. I was looking at Celebration for the back yard but am open to other suggestions. I just haven't been able to find sod farms in this area that offer newer varieties of bermuda (or zoysia for that matter).

mrigney
Grass Type: Bermuda (back), fescue (front)

Re: Source for Celebration bermuda in North Alabama

Post by mrigney » May 14th, 2017, 7:16 pm

So I'm not an expert, but I am about to sod my backyard with celebration and live in Huntsville. As best I can tell, closest place to get it is a Coshatt Sod Farm in Birmingham. They do not deliver. There are places that sell in atlanta, but didn't even bother asking how much delivery would be. I'm renting a Uhaul and going down there in a couple of weeks. Pick up 3 pallets on a Thur, then 3 more on a Friday. Or possibly a bigger Uhaul and grab all 6 at once. Cost for the rental is about $300 plus gas. Sod is $162/pallet.

Begotten
Grass Type: Celebration Bermuda, St. Augustine

Re: Source for Celebration bermuda in North Alabama

Post by Begotten » May 15th, 2017, 12:28 pm

https://sodsolutions.com/where-to-buy/?grass_id=3

A cheaper, simpler, but slower alternative would be to have plugs shipped in the mail. I've used Hancock Farm & Seed in central FL for this in the past and they're a good company.