Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia, Paspalum, etc
RayTL
Grass Type: Bermudagrass
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Triangle Bermuda

Post by RayTL » May 29th, 2017, 11:56 am

Hello All from Atlanta,

I'm new to the forum and I haven't found too much on here about Triangle Bermuda, so I thought I'd post about my recent planting efforts. I have a small area that I wanted to cover and found this middle of the road seed.

Below is a photo of day 1:

We received a lot of needed rain and I've been keeping the bed watered as needed. I was surprised/excited to see little seedlings popping up in just six days! Below is a picture of the growth so far. I will post some more as the grass comes in over the next few weeks.

Best,

Ray

RayTL

Re: Triangle Bermuda

Post by RayTL » June 2nd, 2017, 5:14 pm

I have to admit I am glad this is a small area. I've seen numerous posts about the pitfalls of seeding Bermuda on this site. I brushed those off somewhat, since it was a small area, but soding, plugging, or sprigging would be my choice next time I'm considering any new turf. This one little section has been a ton of watering work even with lots of rain on hand.

Regardless, the seedlings look like they might be a good color match and are filling in nicely. I will post some more pictures soon.

Best,

Ray

RayTL

Post by RayTL » June 3rd, 2017, 2:59 pm

Really happy with the color of the Triangle so far. Looks like it will blend well with the existing Bermuda grass and remaining centipede - working in choking out/killing off the latter.

RayTL

Post by RayTL » June 18th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Ok, getting pretty filled in, gave it a haircut yesterday . Some bare spots still abound, but I'm this stuff will spread.