Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia, Paspalum, etc
Ms Cue
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

bringing back bermuda

Post by Ms Cue » June 25th, 2020, 9:31 am

My tenants killed my lawn!

I've brought it back to life many times but it's never been this bad. First of all, they failed to water/maintain the lawn after insisting on taking responsibility for it. Then recently put down sand and there are now 3 storage sheds in the backyard! They have until Friday to get rid of everything on the lawn (including the sand) and I'm taking over a tool to aerate the ground. Aeration plus lots of water has worked for me in the past but this time it will take quite a while.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what else I can do, should I be doing something different, products I can buy to help the process along, etc? This is the last time I'll let a tenant assume responsibility for my landscaping!

Thank you.

gtnike
Grass Type: Meyer Zoysia, TTTF in the shade
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: bringing back bermuda

Post by gtnike » July 7th, 2020, 8:53 pm

wow! there is grass under there? any idea how long it has been covered up? If it has been that was all season, I don't think you'll get it back.

Dchall_San_Antonio
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Advanced

Re: bringing back bermuda

Post by Dchall_San_Antonio » July 25th, 2020, 7:22 pm

It's probably too late but I would have scraped that sand out. Or vacuumed it out with a (rented) shop vac. Sand works to level a yard with existing roots and soil structure, but you don't have that. Putting bermuda into that bumpy surface is going to be worse than leaving it alone.