Where to buy Zorro (or other fine leaf) Zoysia plugs

Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia, Paspalum, etc
ray92
Grass Type: Bermuda/Fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Where to buy Zorro (or other fine leaf) Zoysia plugs

Post by ray92 » July 5th, 2020, 1:10 pm

I'm trying to find Zorro Zoysia plugs to purchase online and I've been searching all day and gotten nowhere. I've found plenty of Meyer and Zenith plugs available for sale, but that's not what I want.

Do any of you know of a place that sells Zorro, or another fine bladed variety of Zoysia? I'm located in MD, so most likely it will need to be shipped.

Yes yes, I know it's a warm season grass, but I'm not putting in a whole lawn, I just want to put together a small putting green area off to one side of the house and I like Zorro from having it at a previous home.

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Re: Where to buy Zorro (or other fine leaf) Zoysia plugs

Post by turf_toes » July 5th, 2020, 1:23 pm

Have you tried Google?

I’ve no experience with this company. But a quick search turns up this and other sites. I’d advise doing your homework before ordering.

Not sure what search term you used. But “Zoro Zoysia plugs” seem to return quite a few.

https://sodsolutions.com/sod-delivery/b ... ro-zoysia/

ray92
Grass Type: Bermuda/Fescue

Post by ray92 » July 7th, 2020, 10:44 am

I’ve been searching online, It’s practically a given that I used Google. I’m not here because I couldn’t do the legwork, I’m here because a dozen calls to sod suppliers haven’t panned out so far.

By doing my homework, do you mean finding out that Sod Solutions requires minimum orders of at least one pallet? That’s not exactly a tray of plugs that can be mailed.

If you clicked through to the “other links” you mention, you’ll discover almost all of them that DO sell plugs actually sell Meyer Zoysia.
turf_toes wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 1:23 pm
Have you tried Google?

I’ve no experience with this company. But a quick search turns up this and other sites. I’d advise doing your homework before ordering.

Not sure what search term you used. But “Zoro Zoysia plugs” seem to return quite a few.

https://sodsolutions.com/sod-delivery/b ... ro-zoysia/

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » July 7th, 2020, 11:37 am

I meant check with the better business burea, etc before dealing with any vendor.

Your post didn’t say you had found a place but you couldn’t afford to buy the minimum order. It said you couldn’t find it.

People can only answer your question based on the post you make. Few of us are mind readers. I’d suggest being more precise in your query, if you want a precise answer.

You asked if anyone knew where to source it. My post provided the answer to that question. Apologies if you meant to post a different question.
Do any of you know of a place that sells Zorro, or another fine bladed variety of Zoysia? I'm located in MD, so most likely it will need to be shipped.

gtnike
Grass Type: Meyer Zoysia, TTTF in the shade

Post by gtnike » July 7th, 2020, 8:50 pm

I love zoysia but in your area, why not go with bent grass since it's for a putting surface?

Tlpmyd
Grass Type: Kentucky bluegrass

Post by Tlpmyd » March 28th, 2021, 8:54 am

Did you ever find a place to purchase plugs of Zorro? I’m looking too know with no luck so far.

Suit
Grass Type: TTTF/ KBG
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Post by Suit » May 2nd, 2021, 6:55 am

Many years ago I purchased plugs from grass4sale.com, which at the time was the only place I could find online. Appears that website does not work anymore.

I ended up liking how it looked and buying a few pallets from a place in NC. It has spread and covers a good portion of my rental property in Virginia... slowly overtaking the builder-installed Bermuda.