Nimble will in Laprima XD question

Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia, Paspalum, etc
Bsean0714
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Nimble will in Laprima XD question

Post by Bsean0714 » August 19th, 2021, 7:31 am

Hello, I finally figured out that I have a nimble will problem in my laprima xd Bermuda. I am in Ga and wondered what my options are. There are about 6, 5' patches. I had thought about the following options. Thank you in advance for your advice.

-wait until Bermuda goes dormant and hope it goes for.ant before the nimblewill and hit it with roundup.

-wait until spring and hope it greens up faster than the Bermuda and hit it with roundup.

-hit it with roundup now.

-take chance with tenacity spot spraying

-commit to pulling every bit out.

-throw my hands up and give up!

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Re: Nimble will in Laprima XD question

Post by turf_toes » August 19th, 2021, 8:49 am

Nimblewil is a southern grass, just like Bermuda. So they’ll both go dormant in the cooler months.

So waiting until then is probably not going to work.

Bsean0714

Post by Bsean0714 » August 19th, 2021, 8:52 am

Right but I was hoping there may be a few days to a week window where Bermuda may go dormant before nimble since they are not the exact same species.

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » August 19th, 2021, 10:28 am

Bsean0714 wrote:
August 19th, 2021, 8:52 am
Right but I was hoping there may be a few days to a week window where Bermuda may go dormant before nimble since they are not the exact same species.
I wouldn’t count on it. But if you are willing to live with the consequences, drive on. Let us know how it works out for you.

Nimblewil is listed on the Tenacity label. But it appears that you can’t use it on Bermuda unless the Bermuda is completely dormant.

If it were my lawn, I’d deal with the Nimblewil in the spring when it wakes up and then work on getting the Bermuda to fill in and repair the dead spots through the Bermuda growing season.

If you do it now, you’ll have to live with the dead spots all winter. But that’s just my opinion. Ymmv.

Bsean0714

Post by Bsean0714 » May 22nd, 2022, 3:57 pm

Follow up. In the fall, the Bermuda went dormant faster. I sprayed with roundup. Earlier this spring, what was left came out of dormancy faster so I sprayed again very carefully. Had some ugly dead spots but Bermuda is filling back in nicely. Pretty sure I got it all. Had planned on having to re sod those areas so I am very excited about the Bermuda filling back in.