Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia, Paspalum, etc
ibChato
Grass Type: Dirt, future Bermuda and st. augustine
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Where to find Seville St. Augustine plugs in CA

Post by ibChato » June 28th, 2022, 1:59 pm

Hey folks,

My apologies if this is a silly question but I’m looking for St. Augustine plugs of the Seville variety but all the online places I see specifically point out no shipping to CA and other west coast states. Could someone enlighten me and tell me why?

Also, do any CA folks know of a place that sells that type of st Augustine locally?

Google gave me a few local places but most sell some in house made variety or it’s labeled as just at Augustine with no indication as to species.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Dchall_San_Antonio
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Advanced

Re: Where to find Seville St. Augustine plugs in CA

Post by Dchall_San_Antonio » July 29th, 2022, 1:51 am

The closest sod farms to your location in Jolon, CA are about 265 kilometers south of you. I believe you can find them on Google maps and give them a call. Ask where they might find Seville.
If you don't live in Jolon, please redo your location to be more specific. If you live in the LA area, give the city, because the LA area covers about every USDA zone, climate, and soil type. As you know, La Jolla is much different from Mentone.
As to why an out of state sod farm might not ship to SoCal, it has to do with California protecting their agriculture industry from pests that might hitchhike in the soil or even inside the plant material. My ex-wife used to be a Cal ag border inspector. It was interesting the lengths people would go to hide Washington state cherries from the inspectors.