Finding CM/SBM etc near Apex/Cary/Raleigh NC?

This is the place to discuss Organic lawncare.
TheWombat
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Finding CM/SBM etc near Apex/Cary/Raleigh NC?

Post by TheWombat » March 23rd, 2017, 7:10 pm

Just reaching out to see if anyone on the forum lives in/near the Research Triangle in NC. If so then have you found anywhere local that sells Corn Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Cottonseed Meal etc around here?

The local(ish) tractor supply sells Alfalfa pellets which I have bought, however so far I've not been able to track down any of the items mentioned above.

There are a couple of feed stores that I plan to call however hoping someone already has had some success

thanks

TheWombat

snowmanaxp
Grass Type: TTTF/KBG mix

Re: Finding CM/SBM etc near Apex/Cary/Raleigh NC?

Post by snowmanaxp » March 28th, 2017, 8:18 pm

I go to Chatham farm and home in Pittsboro. They are very friendly. I always call first for prices. They are now only advertising on their website their mixed organic fertilizer. But they definitely have cotton seed meal and soybean meal in 50lb bags. I've never asked about corn gluten meal, so I can't say if they have that or not.
If the soybean meal is cheaper go with that, the cotton seed meal isn't the easiest to go through a spreader.
https://chathamfarmsupply.com

TheWombat
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: Finding CM/SBM etc near Apex/Cary/Raleigh NC?

Post by TheWombat » March 29th, 2017, 6:51 am

snowmanaxp wrote:
March 28th, 2017, 8:18 pm
I go to Chatham farm and home in Pittsboro. They are very friendly. I always call first for prices. They are now only advertising on their website their mixed organic fertilizer. But they definitely have cotton seed meal and soybean meal in 50lb bags. I've never asked about corn gluten meal, so I can't say if they have that or not.
If the soybean meal is cheaper go with that, the cotton seed meal isn't the easiest to go through a spreader.
https://chathamfarmsupply.com
thank you! greatly appreciated.

TheWombat