this is aMAIZING

This is the place to discuss Organic lawncare.
turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

this is aMAIZING

Post by turf_toes » June 20th, 2009, 12:39 pm

A couple weeks back, while I'm putting down my memorial day application of soybean meal, I noticed that the soybean had a few tiny corn kernels mixed in. I wasn't really surprised because when they mill all this stuff, there is sometimes a bit of overlap from one product to the next.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had been away most of the week and the grass was really long. While cutting it back to 4.25, I noticed some weeds (maybe 10 or so) in the yard. I couldn't believe it. I've not had any real weeds show up in a couple of years.

So, while cutting the grass, I would stop and and pull them up. Because of all the recent rain, they pulled very easily.

One or two came up with all the roots in place. Turns out that I had a nice crop of corn growing in my yard:

It's not a big deal and cutting it will take care of the corn in no time. I'm actually relieved that it was just corn and not something more serious.

simpson
Grass Type: moonlight slt

Re: this is aMAZING

Post by simpson » June 20th, 2009, 3:47 pm

now that is crazy. But with a picture like that we have got to see pictures of that dark green lawn.

uncle_al
Grass Type: northern mix

Post by uncle_al » June 21st, 2009, 6:09 am

What A bummer...How you going to get all that beautiful grass out of your cornfield???? ;)

Al

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » June 21st, 2009, 10:18 am

Hey, TT - if it doesn't stop raining soon, I'll bring clams and lobsters from my lawn and you bring the corn --- we'll have a New England-style clambake in August.

PS: you'd better put don't some Sulfur - the Corn is looking a little stunted.