Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
southern-ct-4
Grass Type: PR/FF/KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

Post by southern-ct-4 » November 4th, 2020, 3:16 pm

My small but useful gas blower (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V ... UTF8&psc=1) may be on the outs (I'm going to have it looked at, but if I need to replace it I was thinking of going the battery route).

Any suggestions on a good one?

I have a backpack blower and push blower, so I don't need a crazy good handheld one, but I do want something that's pretty decent. Ideally I'd get this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BNMP6CU as I have other of their products so I already have batteries, but it seems to be pretty weak.

Thanks!

northeastlawn
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Re: Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

Post by northeastlawn » November 5th, 2020, 11:39 am

I have some Kobalt 80v tools and happy with them. I have the non self driving mower and am happy with it, I also have the new blower and very happy with it. The re-design is more more ergonomic and it has a ton of power. they do have a back pack version of the blower, but as i mulch my leaves not sure where I would use that.

Their string trimmer is heavy though, and the hedge trimmer seems heavier than others. They came out with a new 80v chain saw that has gotten very good reviews. I will grab that one of these days.

If I had to do it over though I would look at the ego line, just because the tools allow you to use batteries of different voltages; ie 20, or 40. With Kobalt and others you're stuck at the battery designed for your tool. I think eco gives you a bit more protection from them changing the line and forcing you to buy all new tools.

If you just need a hand blower look at a used Kobalt 80v on craigs list, or lowes was clearing out the old version as good prices a few weeks ago.

southern-ct-4
Grass Type: PR/FF/KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

Post by southern-ct-4 » November 5th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Thanks so much. I'll take a look at the Kobalt (and Ego).