Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
southern-ct-4
Grass Type: PR/FF/KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

Post by southern-ct-4 » November 4th, 2020, 3:16 pm

My small but useful gas blower (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V ... UTF8&psc=1) may be on the outs (I'm going to have it looked at, but if I need to replace it I was thinking of going the battery route).

Any suggestions on a good one?

I have a backpack blower and push blower, so I don't need a crazy good handheld one, but I do want something that's pretty decent. Ideally I'd get this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BNMP6CU as I have other of their products so I already have batteries, but it seems to be pretty weak.

Thanks!

northeastlawn
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Re: Battery-powered leaf blower suggestions

Post by northeastlawn » November 5th, 2020, 11:39 am

I have some Kobalt 80v tools and happy with them. I have the non self driving mower and am happy with it, I also have the new blower and very happy with it. The re-design is more more ergonomic and it has a ton of power. they do have a back pack version of the blower, but as i mulch my leaves not sure where I would use that.

Their string trimmer is heavy though, and the hedge trimmer seems heavier than others. They came out with a new 80v chain saw that has gotten very good reviews. I will grab that one of these days.

If I had to do it over though I would look at the ego line, just because the tools allow you to use batteries of different voltages; ie 20, or 40. With Kobalt and others you're stuck at the battery designed for your tool. I think eco gives you a bit more protection from them changing the line and forcing you to buy all new tools.

If you just need a hand blower look at a used Kobalt 80v on craigs list, or lowes was clearing out the old version as good prices a few weeks ago.

southern-ct-4

Post by southern-ct-4 » November 5th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Thanks so much. I'll take a look at the Kobalt (and Ego).

KingLion
Grass Type: Rye grass
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by KingLion » December 23rd, 2020, 12:20 am

Hey, how it's going? What did you choose? Looking for an electric blower too

southern-ct-4

Post by southern-ct-4 » December 23rd, 2020, 9:38 am

KingLion wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 12:20 am
Hey, how it's going? What did you choose? Looking for an electric blower too
Nothing. Couldn't decide :(

I'll revisit this in the spring (though now is probably a good time for me to try and find something on clearance or whatnot...)

northeastlawn
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Post by northeastlawn » December 23rd, 2020, 11:16 pm

For some reason Lowe’s puts all their lawn stuff on clearance every Fall. Resellers grab them up and put them on eBay, because come Christmas even their website won’t have many cordless lawn stuff in stock.

Come next spring and summer, they will start to have things in stock again. COVID may have something to do with shortages this year, but deals on kobalt cordless stuff were hard to come by this holiday.