2nd Gen 16 Zone Rachio Controller

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: 2nd Gen 16 Zone Rachio Controller

Post by andy10917 » October 24th, 2017, 11:52 am

I find that it is too focused on water conservation, and not enough on the everyday needs of a homeowner. That and the fact that the standard web interface and the app don't do the same things in the same way, and sometimes don't even do the same things drives me nuts.

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: 2nd Gen 16 Zone Rachio Controller

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » October 25th, 2017, 12:32 pm

mabehr wrote:
October 24th, 2017, 10:23 am
How did it work for you? I've had issues with the smart watering program. It...just doesn't seem that smart.
I find the smart watering gets in my way, MOST of the time. I know how long I want it to water.

- I don't like that I have to go through 3-4 clicks to run a program in the app.
- I don't like that I can't tell a program to run at a future time - I have to reschedule and save it, then undo that later. PITA. I often need to kick off watering programs @ 3 AM.
- I still can't run more than 1 zone manually at a time. I'd like to be able to tell X number of zones to run a unique length of time all in one.

I could design a much better application, it's just a poor design from an advanced homeowner's perspective. Probably good for the set it and forget it crowd.