Picked up a triplex

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
Pete1313
Grass Type: Bewitched KBG
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Picked up a triplex

Post by Pete1313 » April 6th, 2017, 2:26 pm

That is scary.

hipat2005
Grass Type: Kentucky Bluegrasas
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Picked up a triplex at auction

Post by hipat2005 » April 24th, 2020, 7:04 pm

wardconnor wrote:
October 3rd, 2016, 11:58 pm
Looks nice. I'm jealous of that triplex. Mowing short with a rotary after a reel just isn't the same.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a toro greensmaster 1000 last spring of 2016 and have been mowing with that all summer. I mow at 3/4". Labor day 2016 I heavily aerated and top dressed with 15 ton of sand. I used a 10ft drag that I made from steel. While the sand was settling and leveling I didn't want sacrifice my reel so I decided to take mower to shop to have serviced for 2017. I've been mowing at about 3/4" with my modified walk behind Honda rotary. I tell you something... It's just not the same. The reel is so far superior of a cut it's laughable... I miss that cut and stripe from the reel. So when you say that Pete1313 will be getting another reel after using a rotary I can say I understand why.

I am in the market for a triplex like yours there and am curious as to the price you paid.

I have a kgb prg lawn. Little to no weeds as it's so thick because it's so short.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
I just bought a Greensmaster 1000 and wanted to ask how you were able to adjust the cut height to 3/4." The max I was able to get it to is `5/8" using the adjustments on the roller. I have a groomer and a swaged roller attached if that helps.

Thanks.