Sprayer Storage Options

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
CH-Johnson
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Sprayer Storage Options

Post by CH-Johnson » October 9th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Thanks to being a new homeowner, I have now acquired five sprayers. Two backpack (1 Chapin, 1 Harbor Freight) and three handheld pump 2 &1 gallon sprayers.

I am in the process of organizing my garage and I'm wondering what everyone else does to store their sprayers in between uses. I'm having the most problems with the backpack sprayers since they are so oddly shaped.

I would love to see pics of what y'all do with your sprayers. Thanks!

Sent from my iOS device using the Yard Help App

Mightyquinn
Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419 Monostand

Re: Sprayer Storage Options

Post by Mightyquinn » October 9th, 2016, 8:42 pm

Holy cow!!! 5 sprayers???? I only have 2 but store them on my wall using Gladiator GarageWorks. I like them since you can start off small and just add to it as you need them. They can be found at Lowes and Amazon. I would post pictures but can't right now. I know it's been discussed here before, try doing a search for "Gladiator" or garage organization.......

REEL MEN MOW

CH-Johnson

Post by CH-Johnson » October 9th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I actually just got finished putting up Gladiator gear track and gear wall for all my tools, as well as the 6 foot workbench and rolling cabinets. Love it so far!

I do have 5 sprayers. I use one for pest control, one for spot roundup, one for Celsius and other herbicides for Bermuda, one backpack for pre em, and one backpack for large jobs of roundup and mulch dye. Whew, that was a mouthful.

So, since you have gladiator, how do you hang the sprayers?

Mightyquinn
Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419 Monostand

Post by Mightyquinn » October 9th, 2016, 10:31 pm

I usually just hang them by the handles using the hooks that come in the multi pack(4 J hooks and 4 long L hooks). Since the sprayers are not heavy.

I rarely ever use my backpack sprayer( Stihl SG20) and my 2 gallon Gilmour sprayer I use for EVERYTHING, I've had it for about 10 years now and have never had any issues with cross contamination with any chemicals. I just make sure to double rinse it after use, including the sprayer wand. Just know that I'm not knocking your setup at all and I understand what works for me may not work for someone else. :)

REEL MEN MOW

CH-Johnson

Post by CH-Johnson » October 10th, 2016, 1:48 am

Nah I get it. I got really concerned about cross contamination since I was so new to the game. I'm sure I don't need so many sprayers lol.

I found some pics that you posted a while back, you've got quite a setup! I'll post some pics tomorrow of what I've done so far as well.