Pesticide Applicator Training

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
kbgfarmer
Grass Type: Bewitched Kentucky bluegrass
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Pesticide Applicator Training

Post by kbgfarmer » November 4th, 2016, 11:07 am

Anyone here have a Pesticide Applicator license and have gone through training? I am looking to get some training-don't care too much about license as I'm not planning on applying herbicides to other peoples lawns but thought it might be a good experience. The University of Wisconsin has a 30 dollar course that is a day long. It might be worthwhile. Just gotta buy the training book, do the course, and take the test at the end.

McLovin
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Novice

Re: Pesticide Applicator Training

Post by McLovin » November 4th, 2016, 11:36 am

I have a TN private applicator license (not commercial). I can spray a neighbor, friend, etc. property for barter but not for cash payment. I thought it was well worth it for me personally.

Billy
Grass Type: Cool season and warm season
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Pesticide Applicator Training

Post by Billy » February 2nd, 2017, 12:17 pm

kbgfarmer wrote:
November 4th, 2016, 11:07 am
Anyone here have a Pesticide Applicator license and have gone through training? I am looking to get some training-don't care too much about license as I'm not planning on applying herbicides to other peoples lawns but thought it might be a good experience. The University of Wisconsin has a 30 dollar course that is a day long. It might be worthwhile. Just gotta buy the training book, do the course, and take the test at the end.
Did you take the training?

I think those are great courses, although they're not always turf-specific and may include some production agriculture topics. It's a good sanity-check on some of the info you might see here.