LED light Toro Greensmaster 1000

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
wardconnor
Grass Type: KBG, PRG
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

LED light Toro Greensmaster 1000

Post by wardconnor » March 9th, 2017, 2:31 pm

I thought I would post a picture of the LED light bar that I added to my Toro Greensmaster 1000. I do knot know if anyone has any interest in seeing pictures of this project or not but thought I would share.

The mower is a 2001 and never had any lights since I have owed it. I did not want to buy the light kit for the 2001 model because I was certain that it would be expensive and would probably not be as bight as my version.

I wanted to mow at dusk using this light because I am tired of the sun starting to set and me not being down with my mowing. It was primarily installed for dusk to dark and not to mow at 2 AM although some of my neighbors would think I would be out there at that time tending to my lawn.

This has a 12 inch LED light bar that I am sure is cheap and is made in China. I bought it on Amazon and hope it works for this upcoming season at least. I have not tried it outside yet because there is still at least 1 foot or more of snow on my lawn. It works great when the mower is at full RPM. I installed a switch so I can have it off when mowing during the day. I researched on the snowblower forum to figure out how to make it all work because I was not willing to add a battery to my mower. They were a useful bunch of folks. In all the project was about 50$ to install.

If you want to see more and want to know how it works and wired let me know. Maybe I will take a video of it.

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/pyc99nvvh/][img]https://s22.postimg.cc/pyc99nvvh/3_3_1 ... _light.jpg[/img][/url]

Question for the smart geeky internet folks..... Why are my pictures not embedded in the post but appear as links? How can they be shown in the post so there is not clicking on a link being necessary?

ericgautier
Grass Type: Front/Sides: Blueberry Monostand Back: TTTF+KBG

Re: LED light Toro Greensmaster 1000

Post by ericgautier » April 4th, 2017, 9:45 am

ward, that is pretty damn cool! Did you get a chance to use the reel yet w/ the light on? Curious how it turned out.

wardconnor
Grass Type: KBG, PRG

Post by wardconnor » April 4th, 2017, 6:34 pm

ericgautier wrote:
April 4th, 2017, 9:45 am
ward, that is pretty damn cool! Did you get a chance to use the reel yet w/ the light on? Curious how it turned out.
I have not had the chance to use it yet. I have mowed the lawn 2 times with the rotary. Its slightly premature to be using the reel in my opinion. I want to use the reel but have been using the rotary to suck up all the junk that old man winter left behind. There was a lot of rocks and gravel dumped on my lawn over the winter from the snow plowing (record snow year.) I want to get all the rocks and gravel up before I take the expensive reel to it.

I can not wait to try out the LED light bar. I will update when I get to use it.

bretben55
Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419

Post by bretben55 » April 19th, 2017, 1:22 pm

I have the same mower and am interested to see how you wired it into the mower.

Thanks.

Bucky
Grass Type: Chickweed/Crabgrass/White Clover/ Red Clover

Post by Bucky » April 19th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Very cool!

Alan
Grass Type: St. Aug, but converting to Bermuda

Post by Alan » April 22nd, 2017, 12:45 pm

I'm going to mount one on my trucut. Thanks for posting and the idea.

Alan
Grass Type: St. Aug, but converting to Bermuda

Post by Alan » April 22nd, 2017, 12:57 pm

I've ordered this stuff. Should be a fun project.