Toro Greensmaster 3150Q Triplex

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
mrmeaner
Grass Type: Celebration Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Toro Greensmaster 3150Q Triplex

Post by mrmeaner » April 7th, 2017, 3:19 pm

he just showed up from Florida - they wanted to deliver on Monday but told them ill be right down and pick her up today!! Had to pretty much cut the entire pallet off to get it off the trailer..... which was a pain!!

Some specs, its a 2008 with 1500Hrs, 11 Blade DPA reels with groomers, also bought a set of vertical reels will have more pics to come!!

nwga_lawn
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: Toro Greensmaster 3150Q Triplex

Post by nwga_lawn » April 7th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Cool!! Is it diesel or a gas burner? What made you want to get this over your existing triplex?? Lower HOC??

mrmeaner

Post by mrmeaner » April 10th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Its a gas model, Its a 3150 Q which the Q stands for quiet, it must have a good muffler on it as its actually pretty quiet while running.

The Toro 2000d will cut down to 3/8" but go up to 1.5" or so - the 3150 with 11 blades reels want to cut turf at a less than 1/2" the reels will actually go a little higher but its at the expense of the cut.

I've had my Celebration Bermuda lawn for 5 years now and while I scalp and dethatch every year my yard really needs to be verticut - I wanted a mower that I can easily change out the cutting units to verticutters. My grass has gotten so thick and matted in places the heavy reels on the Toro 2000d glide over the top. They make verticutter for the 2000d but I could never find them selling used and did not want to pay new prices. Not sure about your JD2653 but my Toro Triplex is not powered steering. It's really kind of a beast mowing, backing up, and maneuvering around trees and fence lines with out powered steering assistance.

The new triplex is smaller, lighter, more maneuverable with power steering and now have the ability to verticut the turf. the Reels are a quite a bit lighter and so much easier to take off the tractor and adjust the cutting heights. With that said cutting with for the first time the reel heads being not as heavy are bobbing a little leaving a wash boarded finish to the lawn. I will be doing a verticuting soon and may have to topdress to get the yard more smooth and level. Other than that I really like the new mower. Gonna hang on to both Toros for the time being especially if I top dress with level with sand, will still use the 2000d as the reels and bedknife are heavy duty . The reels and bedknife of the greens mower are much more delicate

mrmeaner

Post by mrmeaner » April 10th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Couple more pics

Pete1313
Grass Type: Bewitched KBG
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by Pete1313 » April 13th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Awesome! Looks clean! Congrats on the new toy! :good:

mrmeaner

Post by mrmeaner » April 15th, 2017, 8:25 am

Thanks Pete1313!! Enjoying it so far, wish it would warm up around here and get some grass growing

BrianJE
Grass Type: Bewitched Monostand

Post by BrianJE » April 21st, 2017, 2:01 pm

Freekin sweet. I'm an avid golfer and every time I play im just as interested in the equipment shed as I am in the golf haha. That's a good looking triplex

mrmeaner

Post by mrmeaner » April 26th, 2017, 10:17 am

[quote=BrianJE post_id=304255 time=1492797704 user_id=6625]
Freekin sweet. I'm an avid golfer and every time I play im just as interested in the equipment shed as I am in the golf haha. That's a good looking triplex
[/quote]

Thanks BrianJE.....Haha, yeah me too!! I am friends with the golf course superintendent at my course and have been over the maintenance barn several times. He has let me borrow their top dresser and even been to my house to verticut my lawn last year.

Trying to get the mower dialed in with the correct height settings, my other triplex has much heavier reels and a wide space grooved front roller. They are set at the exact same HOC however the heavier grooved roller sinks deeper and cuts shorter because of it. I did some sand leveling so still using the bigger triplex for now and once it all fills in an no worries of sand getting in my greensmower reel blade will start using in primarily.