Spreader recommendations...2500k

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
daimbert
Grass Type: Hogan Blend TTTF
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Spreader recommendations...2500k

Post by daimbert » May 7th, 2017, 11:36 pm

Hello everyone,

So I'm in the market for a new spreader. I currently have the earthway 40lb residential but it seems I got a lemon. The mechanism that open and closes the shoot often get stuck especially when there is product. I tried reassembly and putting silicon on the plate that the pivot rod attaches. Needless to say no luck.

I know everyone raves about the earthway 2170 but I'm not ready to pluck down another 170+ dollars, especially considering what happened with the one I already own. With only 2500k lawn I don't want to go overboard either.

Any suggestions?

TimmyG
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Experienced

Re: Spreader recommendations...2500k

Post by TimmyG » May 8th, 2017, 1:16 pm

As an owner of a 2170, I'd say that it is perfectly suited to my half+ acre of lawn. If you actually had 2500k of lawn, I'd recommend aerial applications. :shock: :D

But with only 2.5k of lawn, I agree, the 2170 is major overkill, but only due to hopper size. Maybe you did get a lemon. Earthway really seems to stand by their products. I highly recommend that you email them and given them a chance to resolve your problem. See the great support provided by Jeff at Earthway in the Earthway S15 Sprayer Review thread.

daimbert

Re: Spreader recommendations...2500k

Post by daimbert » May 8th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Omg I didn't catch that TimmyG. Maybe I should stop trying to post at the same I put my son to sleep.

Thanks for the tips. I will try to email them.

daimbert

Re: Spreader recommendations...2500 square feet

Post by daimbert » May 8th, 2017, 8:22 pm

daimbert wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 11:36 pm
Hello everyone,

So I'm in the market for a new spreader. I currently have the earthway 40lb residential but it seems I got a lemon. The mechanism that open and closes the shoot often get stuck especially when there is product. I tried reassembly and putting silicon on the plate that the pivot rod attaches. Needless to say no luck.

I know everyone raves about the earthway 2170 but I'm not ready to pluck down another 170+ dollars, especially considering what happened with the one I already own. With only 2500'sqf lawn I don't want to go overboard either.

Any suggestions?