REALLY OLD Tru-Cut. Need advice

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
Hokie Sid
Grass Type: Tifway II
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

REALLY OLD Tru-Cut. Need advice

Post by Hokie Sid » October 24th, 2017, 7:54 am

Just acquired an old Tru-Cut, made by Starlite. Serial number begins with 63. Great shape; absolutely no wear on the tires, reel or bed knife. Chains and clutches in great shape too. The big problem is there is no height adjustment on the handle; the only way to adjust height is at the casters. There is a bolt opening on the right side of the mower (if facing it), which look like where you would bolt the adjustment apparatus but there's no evidence there was ever a height adjuster attached to it. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks in advance

imauafan
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: REALLY OLD Tru-Cut. Need advice

Post by imauafan » November 5th, 2017, 8:56 pm

I had one almost exactly like this until I sold it a few months ago. On mine there was a height adjustment lever on the left side (if behind the mower) close to the handlebar. It worked fairly well. I believe I had to loosen some bolts to get it to work correctly but once I did that it would adjust in fairly small increments. If you search the equipment forum you may find some photos that I posted of the mower when I bought it and possibly can see if there is something missing on yours. From the way you describe it, I would say the height adjustment mechanism is missing.