Ugh!! Chapin 24V Sprayer Died

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Ugh!! Chapin 24V Sprayer Died

Post by andy10917 » April 25th, 2020, 6:38 pm

I finally got a nice day to get outside and get the emerging Hosta sprayed with Liquid Fence, get some "Tenacity" sprayed on the Poa Annua that got through, etc.

So I get it all out and ready, go get the Chapin 24V Backpack and the battery and...

NOTHING. It's dead. Less than a year old. And it doesn't seem to be the battery (stored indoors all winter).--

I guess I get to find out just how good their Support is, huh? I'll let you all know how it works out.

agn015
Grass Type: Hogan Blend - GTO/Hemi/Hot Rod TTTF Everest/Award/Everglade/Midnight KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Re: Ugh!! Chapin 24V Sprayer Died

Post by agn015 » April 26th, 2020, 8:25 am

Good luck with Chapin support Andy. I have the 20V version and had to contact them when my battery failed. They sent a replacement pretty quickly.

Last year I had an issue where it was completely dead and wouldn’t spray. I took off the plastic pump housing and found one of the electrical quick connects had come loose from the pump. I plugged it back in and everything was working again. Hopefully yours is an easy fix like that! Good luck!

Pway
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by Pway » April 26th, 2020, 2:03 pm

When I was putting away my MY4sons sprayer last fall I emailed to check with them what the best practice is as far as the battery. They suggested I recharge it every three or four months, which I did and it was fine this spring.

andy10917

Post by andy10917 » May 4th, 2020, 11:53 am

Well, all's well that ends well...

I spoke with Customer Support and went over the fact that I disassembled the 24V sprayer and isolated the problem to the pump motor itself. Even though I was out of warranty, Chapin is sending me a new sprayer. Pleasant people who stood behind their product, and I like the fact that it's made in the USA. So, I wound up with a new 24V sprayer and I can keep the battery from the old unit too - no need to return the old sprayer and battery. I don't think that I could have asked for more.

andy10917

Post by andy10917 » May 8th, 2020, 11:27 am

Back in the game! Chapin's promises were all met, and they scored big points with me for Customer Support.

bpgreen
Grass Type: Western, Streambank, Crested wheatgrass in front (with blue grama added in the heckstrips), sheep fescue in back; strawberry clovetr in both
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Post by bpgreen » May 8th, 2020, 3:08 pm

It's nice when a company stands behind their product like that.

I bought a 1 gallon Chapin sprayer a couple of weeks ago, but it's low tech-- no battery or motor.