Chapin "clean tank" sprayer unit

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Chapin "clean tank" sprayer unit

Post by edslawn » April 22nd, 2021, 6:30 pm

Has anyone tried this out yet? I have headaches applying with sloshing in the old style tank on a hilly yard and this seems to fix the issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-Internati ... 189&sr=8-2

edslawn

Re: Chapin "clean tank" sprayer unit

Post by edslawn » June 23rd, 2021, 6:11 pm

So I bought it and tested with Serenade. The tank works well and keeps the water separate, but it adjusts to oz/gallon, so I'll need to get dialed in with the various materials that I apply. You can also buy extra tanks for various chemicals.

My main goal is to solve the issue of application to a large hilly yard. The other tanks ran into problems when the levels got low and the intake would suck air. This allows you to keep the water levels high but deliver constant material to the yard. This part worked as hoped, so I'm optimistic that I may have a solution for all liquid bulk applications with much less work.

I did have some trouble at first getting the pump to work, but these are always a little finicky and with a little encouragement and a few tries the pump started pumping...

DevilDawg81
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre

Post by DevilDawg81 » June 23rd, 2021, 7:54 pm

Glad you got it running. The only sprayer I’ve used (minus backpack sprayer) was a Northstar 21 gallon pull behind my father in law let me borrow. Hopefully this does indeed solve your problems with the hilly yard!

edslawn

Post by edslawn » June 24th, 2021, 7:18 am

DevilDawg81 wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 7:54 pm
Glad you got it running. The only sprayer I’ve used (minus backpack sprayer) was a Northstar 21 gallon pull behind my father in law let me borrow. Hopefully this does indeed solve your problems with the hilly yard!
The nice part is that the solution is separate so I can refill the water in the large tank without impacting the concentration. This is really helpful for keeping the intake line submerged even when driving on hills. The solution tank can also be removed and used to store the solution if you buy the extra tanks.

bolson32
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by bolson32 » June 24th, 2021, 4:26 pm

I have this one, built a poor man's carry-all for my John Deere 1026r for it and it works great. Now, I haven't actually tested the throughput, but based on what I added to the MOE Tank, and how much water it went through on the main tank, it seemed to be about right.

I've only used it a handful of times, but as I said, seems to work great especially with the boom sprayer. I use it blanket spray Trimec. Things like Tenacity you'd just have to mix in the main tank since it's such a small dose, you're pretty limited on the oz per gallon.

DevilDawg81
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre

Post by DevilDawg81 » June 24th, 2021, 5:02 pm

That is slick!!

edslawn

Post by edslawn » June 24th, 2021, 7:01 pm

@bolson32 Nice setup!

bolson32
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by bolson32 » June 25th, 2021, 10:07 am

Thanks! The same carry-all is also fashioned to work with my ATV Granular spreader. I have 60k sq ft so I try to be as efficient as possible. Spraying takes awhile, but spreading those 5 bags took about 20 minutes. I can just pop the extra bags right on the carry-all and never have to go back to fill up.