Sprayer Recommendations

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
oze
Grass Type: Northern mix transitioning to Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Sprayer Recommendations

Post by oze » October 24th, 2021, 6:19 pm

Hey all,

My Earthway S15 walk-behind sprayer finally bit the dust. I think that the pump seized, Earthway no longer makes nor supports the S15, including parts and I have to face it; the sprayer has been a disappointment since day one, several years ago. Really hard to push, especially over my bumpy lawn and when full. I left it at the curb on trash day, and Sanford and Son picked it up; I now need something to replace it by next spring.

I'm an old guy with back issues, so backpack sprayers are a no-go. I have a 2-gallpon pump sprayer, which is fine for the spot-spraying tasks, but not for applying Serenade nor any other liquid over the entire lawn. I did see that there are some options out there, and I don't expect anyone to do my research for me, but would appreciate any first-(or second-, or third- :rotfl: ) hand experiences which anyone can share. As always,

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Re: Sprayer Recommendations

Post by edslawn » October 25th, 2021, 8:12 am

This may be a little more than you want but I have a Chapin "mix on exit" 25-gallon sprayer that mounts on my tractor. Here is a trailer version, if you have a tractor to tow it. It works well for my hilly property since you keep the solution and water separate.

https://chapinmfg.com/products/chapin-9 ... 5639740498

oze
Grass Type: Northern mix transitioning to Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000

Post by oze » October 25th, 2021, 10:03 am

edslawn wrote:
October 25th, 2021, 8:12 am
This may be a little more than you want but I have a Chapin "mix on exit" 25-gallon sprayer that mounts on my tractor. Here is a trailer version, if you have a tractor to tow it. It works well for my hilly property since you keep the solution and water separate.

https://chapinmfg.com/products/chapin-9 ... 5639740498
Thanks, Ed. The sprayer looks great, but I've only got a 5000 square foot suburban lawn, so I have nothing to pull it with.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Post by edslawn » October 25th, 2021, 7:08 pm

oze wrote:
October 25th, 2021, 10:03 am

Thanks, Ed. The sprayer looks great, but I've only got a 5000 square foot suburban lawn, so I have nothing to pull it with.
Unfortunately, it seems like they don't market anything small... I wonder if you couldn't build a sprayer. Get a battery-operated sprayer, like the one below, and mount it to your spreader or some other simple wheeled set up or dolly to handle the weight. Then, you can push with your left and spray with your right.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-Gal-Lithi ... cale=en-US