Push mower recommendation

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
Biglee
Grass Type: Northern mix
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Push mower recommendation

Post by Biglee » March 30th, 2022, 1:16 pm

Hello I currently have a Honda hrr 216 pjs push mower with the twin mulching blade. No matter what setting I have it on it manages to miss spots and I end up mowing the lawn twice. I know this is an issue with some Honda mowers. I am looking to buy a new mower that is good at mulching the grass and is not self propelled. Does anyone have any suggestions. I was looking at the toro super recycler but they are pretty expensive and are self propelled which I really don’t need my yard isn’t all that large. Thanks for any input

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Push mower recommendation

Post by edslawn » April 3rd, 2022, 9:24 am

Biglee wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 1:16 pm
Hello I currently have a Honda hrr 216 pjs push mower with the twin mulching blade. No matter what setting I have it on it manages to miss spots and I end up mowing the lawn twice. I know this is an issue with some Honda mowers. I am looking to buy a new mower that is good at mulching the grass and is not self propelled. Does anyone have any suggestions. I was looking at the toro super recycler but they are pretty expensive and are self propelled which I really don’t need my yard isn’t all that large. Thanks for any input
Last year, I bought the Toro Timemaster 30" and the cut is very nice and easy to use with the auto pacing of the self-propel setup. This may be a bit much for your needs, but I read very good things about the recycler when checking out the timemaster. It also looks like they came out with a battery version of the recycler that may be worth a look for a smaller lawn.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/a ... er-review/

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » April 3rd, 2022, 1:55 pm

I got the battery-powered Toro SuperRecycler last year. It is the first electric SR model offered by Toro. (Super Recycler, not the lower end Recycler)

I have to say it has the best cut of any mower I’ve ever owned. It easily cuts a third of an acre on a single charge. It’s also incredibly quiet (think the sound of a vacuum cleaner)

Without a doubt, this is the best mower purchase I’ve ever made. My only tip is to swap out the pre-installed standard blade with the included “performance blade.”

It uses slightly more electricity. But I still can do the third of an acre on one charge.

After I purchased this mower, two of my neighbors tried it out and went battery-powered themselves.

I’m hardly a tree hugger kind of guy. I just want an excellent cut. This mower fits the bill and reduces my need to store gasoline in the garage.

Biglee

Post by Biglee » April 11th, 2022, 1:32 pm

Thanks ended getting the gas version of the super recycler after watching and reading a bunch of reviews on it. Seems everyone is very pleased with the cut.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by edslawn » April 11th, 2022, 7:12 pm

Biglee wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 1:32 pm
Thanks ended getting the gas version of the super recycler after watching and reading a bunch of reviews on it. Seems everyone is very pleased with the cut.
Congrats! Looks like a great choice.

Biglee

Post by Biglee » April 11th, 2022, 7:50 pm

Thanks can’t wait to use it.