The Official BL/ATY Cigar Thread...

This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
Tony alony
Grass Type: St. Augustine
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: The Official BL/ATY Cigar Thread...

Post by Tony alony » May 26th, 2016, 10:23 am

Has anyone tried a cigar from A.J. Fernandez? I always enjoyed his blend in the Ave Maria line, although I haven't had one in a while. Here is one of his newer blends that I intend to purchase.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ciga ... fernandez/

I believe I read once, that he was an apprentice of one of the all time cigar masters. Someone at the Fuentes company ?? I can't remember exactly.
Here is a very long read from a message board about cigars. From my knowledge, much of the information is accurate. https://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comment ... _industry/
Here's an opportunity to become a cigar expert, without ever having to smoke one! LOL

GeorgeH
Grass Type: By seed weight to 10 % SRO Puritan Colonial Bentgrass, 40 % SR 5250 Strong Creeping Red Fescue, 50 % SR 5130 Chewings Fescue.

Post by GeorgeH » June 22nd, 2016, 7:02 pm

Another one of my many vices. I usually have my humidor stocked with an Arturo Fuente Hemingway assortment and have rotated a number of the popular brands through at one time or another but am always open to trying new cigars.

Unfortunately the tobacco tax in Washington State is one of, if not the highest in the country and they have outlawed cigar bars so I don’t have an easy way to sample other cigars.

Based on the previous comments I just ordered a box of Oliva Serie V Double Robusto. I may have had one while in Portland, OR a month or two ago while on business where they still allow cigar bars. I can't remember for sure but whatever it was, it was exceptional.

Of course I need a nice glass of Red Wine or Port to sip on while I smoke.

In honor of Father's Day, I've attached a picture of a tradition I still carry on to celebrate the Macanudo's and wine we shared when ever I visited my Dad.

Ware
Grass Type: Bermuda

Post by Ware » June 22nd, 2016, 7:34 pm

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. :good:

sain6815
Grass Type: Fescue

Post by sain6815 » June 22nd, 2016, 10:09 pm

ImageUploadedByYard Help1466647683.928671.jpg
Padron 3000 natural with a little Southern Comfort treated me right tonight!

Sent from my iOS device using the Yard Help Appg gym ihvgvghmu