Official Member?

This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
Coach8
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Official Member?

Post by Coach8 » May 29th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Well, thanks to joining here, got in my first yard maintenance argument today. Me and my father-in-law were discussing lawn care and he said, "put weed and feed out and mow your Bermuda at 2 inches." The next 5 minutes were spent trying to convince each other :duel: . Don't worry, nothing bad. I'm not disowned or anything. But afterward, it made me feel like an official member! We like to needle each other in a good natured way so every time I see him this summer, I will make sure to show him pictures of my yard and how much better it will look than his :cool: .

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Tony alony
Grass Type: St. Augustine

Re: Official Member?

Post by Tony alony » May 29th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Coach8, welcome aboard. Let's see, this is almost June 1st. By July, you'll be able to speak with authority.
And later on, everyone, including your father-in-law, will be willing to listen. LOL

Coach8

Post by Coach8 » May 29th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Thanks, glad to be here. I've already learned a bunch and it is starting to show in the yard.

Tsmith
Grass Type: KBG Bewitched Monostand

Official Member?

Post by Tsmith » May 29th, 2016, 10:40 pm

Coach8 wrote:Well, thanks to joining here, got in my first yard maintenance argument today. Me and my father-in-law were discussing lawn care and he said, "put weed and feed out and mow your Bermuda at 2 inches." The next 5 minutes were spent trying to convince each other :duel: . Don't worry, nothing bad. I'm not disowned or anything. But afterward, it made me feel like an official member! We like to needle each other in a good natured way so every time I see him this summer, I will make sure to show him pictures of my yard and how much better it will look than his :cool: .

It's a fine line trying to debate with someone you know or are pretty confident to be wrong. I have a neighbor who always compliments my lawn and asks for help but doesn't believe half of what I tell him. He asked how to kill his lawn but didn't agree with it and thought it would be better to scalp, rake, then spray what was left.

I knew I was an official member when the lady at Tractor Supply asked me what I was feeding all the cracked corn and alfalfa to and I said my lawn...the look on her face was priceless.

Sent from my iOS device using the Yard Help App

Redtenchu

Post by Redtenchu » May 30th, 2016, 9:16 am

Coach8 wrote: I will make sure to show him pictures of my yard and how much better it will look than his :cool:
YES :yahoo:

dfw_pilot
Grass Type: U3 Bermuda

unOfficial Member

Post by dfw_pilot » May 30th, 2016, 11:56 am

Just to be clear, I'm an unofficial member here (I haven't received the bumper sticker and ball cap yet) and am a lawn unprofessional.