STANDUP2CANCER.ORG

This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

STANDUP2CANCER.ORG

Post by andy10917 » September 9th, 2016, 8:59 pm

I may get into trouble for using the website to beg for something not related to the site, but I feel compelled to do this.

Some of you know that I am very involved with using data in all kinds of analysis and purposes. Some of it is quite commercial, but once in a while I get to work on something truly special.

For a little more than a year, I have been working with a couple of pharmaceutical companies (Celgene and Bristol-Myers Squibb). I'm designing solutions for them related to bringing massive amounts of data (many trillions of characters) to the hands of people that can use it to see patterns and results in Immuno-Oncology (using the Immune system to fight Cancer), with some treatments being focused to the specific DNA of the patient. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to learn - Biomarkers, genetic expression, mutations, etc. The pharmaceutical companies really are sharing data, analysis and results, finally!! It's very promising.

I lost a 32-year old niece to Cancer just before Christmas last year.

If you can spare a few dollars, this is a worthy place to support the efforts of researchers and help share it to all the people that are trying to unlock the locks and find the keys. Go to STANDUP2CANCER.ORG in the US and Canada. If you can't afford that, spend a few minutes reading what's happening out there...

lawndad
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: STANDUP2CANCER.ORG

Post by lawndad » September 10th, 2016, 10:40 pm

Cancer is a tough one. So many people struggle with it. Sorry to hear of your loss, 32 is so young!

Sent from my iOS device using the Yard Help App