Please Help Us to Help the Fight Against COVID-19

This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Please Help Us to Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Post by andy10917 » April 11th, 2020, 6:04 pm

To all ATY Members and our Lurker Friends, too...

We all try to apply our skills to help out where we can. I do what I can to share my meager lawn and garden learnings I've made over the years here, as have many others. But now I'm asking for your help...

There are now over 700,000 people donating time on their personal computers to bring extra available time and pool it to act as a supercomputer for defeating COVID-19. The project is called FOLDING@HOME, and the combined power is now more powerful than the 100 next most-powerful supercomputers combined. But using your typical personal laptop completes about 20,000 points of work a day. Since our family works heavily with the massive Amazon cloud computing platform, we've tried helping by using the "spare time" on specialized processors called GPU's at Amazon to tackle the work -- and we're getting 600,000 points of work done by each computer in a day. That's a month's worth of work done in a day!!! And it only costs around $3.50 a day to do it.

We're throwing in our time to set it all up, and asking (begging?) that others who can contribute money to the cause join us by contributing to the GOFUNDME below. Every penny will go to bring up more computers to work on COVID-19. If circumstances don't permit you to contribute to our efforts to bring as many of the specialized computers to bear on COVID-19 as possible, then we plead that you share this post with your friends and Family.

If you want to see some of the success that FOLDING@HOME is having against COVID-19, click on this:

https://foldingathome.org/2020/04/03/ca ... in-action/

We'll be posting a link to see how many points of work the project accomplishes, for all to see!

Please contribute and please share this posting!!!

Here's the all-important link to join us:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cloud-foldin ... hare-sheet