Anybody do triathlons?

This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
bpgreen
Grass Type: Western, Streambank, Crested wheatgrass in front (with blue grama added in the heckstrips), sheep fescue in back; strawberry clovetr in both
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Anybody do triathlons?

Post by bpgreen » September 6th, 2021, 11:57 pm

I did another sprint triathlon today. My primary goal was to finish. My secondary goal was to beat the time I hadd in the spring. My tertiary goal was to beat my time in the first one I did (labor day 2019).

I was slower than I was in the spring, but I finished and I was faster than labor day 2019.

So 2 out of 3 of my goals.

For some reason, my results disappeared from the website, so I can't provide a link.

The important part is that I had fun. And since I messed up pushing buttons on my watch, I had a brief period of time where I thought I did better than last time.

I've got an Olympic distance on Saturday. That will be my first at that distance. The swim and bike don't conncern me, but I`ve only run 10k once in the last 45 years (maybe ever; I don't remember how long the sadists they called gym teachers made us run in gym class). But that was last Monday, so I think I'm good to go (even if I'll be slow). If all else fails, when I can't run any more, I'll walk until I can almost see the finish line, then start running and pretend I was running all the way (like I did 2 years ago in my first triathlon).

DevilDawg81
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Anybody do triathlons?

Post by DevilDawg81 » September 10th, 2021, 8:04 pm

I don’t do triathlons, but hats off to you for completing these.