This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

The Walking Dead

Post by MorpheusPA » October 18th, 2011, 9:17 pm

One of my guilty pleasures.

Anybody have any bets on what the doctor whispered to the sheriff just before the CDC blew up? I've got enough background on the comic books (oh, sorry, graphic novels) to know what it was there, but they've already deviated from those.

My personal bet? "I just saved a bunch of money switching to Geico!"

Mechadan
Grass Type: Yukon Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Mechadan » October 19th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Sorry, but I don't watch the show. I hear it is great and trust that it is, but I've never been a big Zombie fan. I just have trouble getting into the genre. It seems like one of those things that you are either really into or have hardly any interest in.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » October 19th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Don't apologize. Some people just don't like zombies, and that's OK. :-)

gbig2
Grass Type: Galaxy KBG

Post by gbig2 » November 1st, 2011, 8:46 am

I've been watching from the start. I don't know what the CDC guy said to the sheriff but I'm sure you're right in that it must have had something to do with car insurance. :) I'm totally into zombie stuff but I have to admit, so far this season has been disappointing. I found myself fast forwarding through the slow parts. Some of the dialogue is just absurd. But, I'm encouraged by the latest episode. I thought it was good. I know they hired a new writer or writing team for the show so maybe those episodes are being shown now.

If anyone is into zombies, you might want to check out the Feed books. It's a trilogy about a zombie outbreak involving some bloggers.
http://www.amazon.com/Feed-Newsflesh-Bo ... 484&sr=1-3

JC Paint Workz
Grass Type: 20% Prosperity, 20% Moonlight SLT, 30% Midnight II, 30% Bewitched

Post by JC Paint Workz » November 1st, 2011, 9:46 am

MorpheusPA wrote:Don't apologize. Some people just don't like zombies, and that's OK. :-)
I like zombies, well the thought of them invading the country and it gives me a excuse to stock pile my awsome weapons lol. My wife things I'm crazy. But all my buddies say to her were coming over when SHTF cause he's prepared lol

gbig2

Post by gbig2 » November 1st, 2011, 11:46 am

I sometimes day dream about this scenario:
A virus is created, yes intentionally created, that is selective in who it infects. It only infects those people who are deficient in intelligence (stupid is such a harsh word:). It turns them into zombies and then we feel we have the moral authority to shoot the zombies in the head, thus exterminating all the mouth breathers on the planet making the world a better place. Is that messed up or are you with me? :)
Could we create a virus that only infects Michele Bachmann supporters? I'll be the first to sign up to "fight the zombie infection"!

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » November 1st, 2011, 3:37 pm

gbig2 wrote:I sometimes day dream about this scenario:
A virus is created, yes intentionally created, that is selective in who it infects. It only infects those people who are deficient in intelligence (stupid is such a harsh word:). It turns them into zombies and then we feel we have the moral authority to shoot the zombies in the head, thus exterminating all the mouth breathers on the planet making the world a better place. Is that messed up or are you with me? :)
Could we create a virus that only infects Michele Bachmann supporters? I'll be the first to sign up to "fight the zombie infection"!
Wouldn't work, I'm afraid. Intelligence always breeds toward the norm over the long term. Idiocracy may have been amusing, but it's unrealistic. Very high and very low intelligence are the outliers that don't breed true over time.

I still strongly believe the whisper has something to do with Geico, or perhaps, "Why can't I quit you?"

Although I agree, the dialog is getting bad, having both kids down for the count was just ridiculous, and I'm so ready for Sophie to buy the farm. The whole Shane feeds Otis to the zombies was just wrong. Wrong, I tell you.

Bros before Zos, dude. Bros before Zos.

gbig2

Post by gbig2 » November 1st, 2011, 4:20 pm

Thanks for ruining that dream for me with your facts and science. :) I was happy being ignorant thinking that scenario was plausible. It just occurred to me how funny (or strange) it is to be talking about zombies on a lawn forum... :)
I agree bros before zos, so in that situation I would have blown your head off with the shotgun and left you for dead vs shooting you in the leg to be devoured by zombies. I'm a nice guy like that...
Last edited by gbig2 on November 1st, 2011, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mechadan
Grass Type: Yukon Bermuda

Post by Mechadan » November 1st, 2011, 4:22 pm

gbig2 wrote:I sometimes day dream about this scenario:
If you were really creative, your own dream would have a twist in it where you find out you fall just below the intelligence line of those meant to survive, followed by you spending long hours trying to come to terms with your original feelings of glee over being morally justified to shoot the stupid while also considering your fresh craving for BRAIIIINS!

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » November 1st, 2011, 6:04 pm

gbig2 wrote:Thanks for ruining that dream for me with your facts and science. :) I was happy being ignorant thinking that scenario was plausible. It just occurred to me how funny (or strange) it is to be talking about zombies on a lawn forum... :)
Plants vs. Zombies. The plants usually have the edge. Except against those football player zombies, sometimes.
I agree bros before zos, so in that situation I would have blown your head off with the shotgun and left you for dead vs shooting you in the leg to be devoured by zombies. I'm a nice guy like that...
Gee, thanks. :-) The point there was that Otis' thrashing about attracted the zombies so Shane could get away more easily. As we've already seen, they head for the target they consider weakest.

Which is kind of weird if you think about it; the CDC doctor clearly stated that only brainstem functions returned, and I wouldn't think that's enough to do much except move and eat, certainly not evaluate a relatively complex rubric like potential threat.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » February 12th, 2012, 9:35 pm

The new season starts tonight at 9, and it's been All Zonbies All Weekend on AMC.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » February 27th, 2012, 7:51 pm

nothing0
Grass Type: Front yard-3rd Millennium TTTF Back- Zinfandel KBG

Post by nothing0 » February 28th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Between Netflix and other sources, I'm all caught up. This is a good show so far.

I don't care for the "soap opera" feel of the last few episodes. Your pic above says it all. Let's move the story line on a bit.. More killing.. More drama.. less man love.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » February 28th, 2012, 8:42 pm

In their defense, the comic books...er, I mean graphic novels...also have the soap opera feel from what I've heard. Also, the show's budget was way overdrawn, so fewer zombies.

I'm waiting for Carol (shrew) and Dale (sanctimonious know it all) to get eaten. I'm pretty sure Shane's (hypermasculine libertarian with psychotic tendencies) gone by the end of this season.

nothing0

Post by nothing0 » February 28th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Good to know. I didn't know about the comic novels. :)

Yeah I wouldn't be upset about any of them gone. Shane will probably catch the air born version from the last episode.

So for fun... what do you think of the rest of the cast.. Your use of parentheses amused me and accurate I might add.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » February 28th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Shane (Jon Bernthal) already signed onto a new series from what I heard.

Well you already know my opinion of Carol, Dale, and Psy...I mean Shane.

Let's See:
Rick: Moses Leading the Flock (of course, Moses knew where he was going even without decent road signs, but...)
Lori: A quarter Moses' Wife, a quarter Jezebel, and about half useless. Also, Licensed Baby Factory, so expect her to get into serious trouble around the eighth month when she doesn't move so well.
T-Dog: The Black Guy. You really don't see much of him and have no idea what he stands for.
Glen: German Shepherd. Of course, even a German Shepherd can bite.
Andrea: Zombie bait.
Sophia: Already finished being zombie bait.
Amy: Fifth wheel. Fortunately, zombie bait already.
Carl: Shane Junior.
Daryl: The Voice of Self-Serving Reason. Also, hiding something huge.
Merle: Abusive redneck. Probably not as dead as you might think he is.

Of them all, Daryl's the guy I'd most like to be in a zombie apocalypse with. He's actually coping, albeit poorly via zombie ears and dead animals hanging by his shack.

nothing0

Post by nothing0 » February 28th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Damn Morph is there anything you don't know? :) Not surprised that Shane is out.
MorpheusPA wrote:
Of them all, Daryl's the guy I'd most like to be in a zombie apocalypse with. He's actually coping, albeit poorly via zombie ears and dead animals hanging by his shack.
You mean Merle? Yeah the redneck is most equipped to survive and if forced to pick a fav it would be him.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » February 29th, 2012, 12:08 am

Daryl, Merle's brother. Merle was openly abusive, Daryl's just really prickly.

nothing0

Post by nothing0 » February 29th, 2012, 12:16 am

Ah yes I had them mixed up, but thought you did. Ha.

Rnewman1
Grass Type: KY 31 and cool mix

Post by Rnewman1 » March 7th, 2012, 11:23 am

I wondered what the CDC guy said to Rick, too. I haven't read the books, so I'm in the dark there.

A couple weeks ago, where Shane and Rick took the new guy out 18 miles to the maintenance area and they argued and everything, they apparently couldn't find any bites on the dead workers there. So I wonder if that will play into the story line, that maybe it can be transmitted another way, like by food or something like that.

I really would like to know what the CDC guy said. It's like in Lost, where Sawyer whispered something to...I forget who he whispered it to, but just before he jumped off the helicopter into the ocean. It never was revealed what he whispered. Actually, since they were in a helicopter, it was probably louder than a whisper, but still...it's a mystery what he said.