Anybody Vape?

This is the place to discuss issues not related to lawn and gardening
tlinden
Grass Type: Bewitched, Blue Velvet, Prosperity
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Anybody Vape?

Post by tlinden » May 11th, 2014, 8:49 pm

I don't vape but a buddy does and we went to a vape shop around here. I was shocked with the
number of flavors they have now. You can even do it with no nicotine if you just want to vape
grape flavored stuff.

My biggest shock was the sales guys were all about using them to cut down / quit nicotine. I
would have thought they'd be pushing it more as a healthier way to get it rather than a way
to be able to scale down slowly.

Jjgrask
Grass Type: I don't know. Too many weeds

Post by Jjgrask » January 13th, 2015, 7:32 pm

I am celebrating one year cig free after 50 years of smoking. Thanks to Ecigs. I still Vape at 0 nic. Can breathe, run, no smell, etc. Stay away from the tobacco ejuices if you can. Will remind you of cigs too much. Gets Evod starter kit. Two. Arteries and two tanks. Buy a ejuice you like. Most shops have a test bar. Cost about $40.00 for Evod set and $17.00 for a 30ml bottle if ejuice. Have one battery charging while you use the other. You will soon outgrow this setup. Those gas station things are horrible. The money you save on cigs will pay for the setup and ejuice the first week. Believe me, starting a 18ml of nic will be just right. I was a chain vapor at first. It you will settle down. Good luck and good vaping.

Thank you for sharing

Southernguy311
Grass Type: Platinum TE Paspalum up front and Bermuda in the rear

Post by Southernguy311 » June 29th, 2015, 10:23 pm

It's absolutely amazing how much Vaping has evolved since the start of this thread. I've been vaping for almost two years and I'm amazed at the technology shift from even when I started.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Yossarian
Grass Type: Bermuda

Post by Yossarian » June 29th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Indeed. I started with a Blu in 2010/2012. I wasn't able to fully commit until about 2 years ago. I don't think I had an analog since mid 2013 maybe?

Michael Wise
Grass Type: Tifway 419

Anybody Vape?

Post by Michael Wise » June 30th, 2015, 12:03 am

I vaped once. In Colorado. ;)

bmarley5780
Grass Type: bermuda; Princess 77

Post by bmarley5780 » July 1st, 2015, 3:13 pm

3 years and counting here. Down to 12mg nic from 24mg!

Southernguy311

Post by Southernguy311 » July 1st, 2015, 11:10 pm

bmarley5780 wrote:3 years and counting here. Down to 12mg nic from 24mg!
Congrats. It really does work but it's so hard to convince people. I can't believe as good as these things have gotten why anyone would choose to smoke a cig

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » October 16th, 2016, 12:19 pm

I'm dredging up an old thread, because I think it might help someone and while I don't believe in most conspiracy theories, there just might be one playing here...

I tried to quit cigarettes many times. And failed many times. So I figured I'd get a good vape and at least eliminate the tars and other bad stuff - even if I didn't get rid of the nicotine. The higher-end vape unit cost $60, but I found it nice and smooth and an acceptable replacement. I could get by on 6 mg of nicotine pretty quickly. Then 3, then 1.5 mg.

Now I've been on 0 mg for over a year. I still vape, but just for the taste - when I'm busy I forget for extended periods of time.

So why am I writing this now?

Because last week I dropped the vape unit and it stopped working. It took 4 days to get a replacement online. In the meantime, I got one of the things that you can get at the corner store.

BARF!!!! Horrible! This is SO FAR from what the good units can do that there is no comparison. It makes me consider that if the cigarette companies (who make much of the lower-end stuff) with their resources, maybe they want you to believe that their offerings are as good as it gets. Far from the truth!!

If you're think about quitting smoking, or even just moving to vape and staying with the nicotine, do yourself two favors -- get a real vape unit (I use the Ego One V2, at around $39), and use USP-type ejuices.

kbgfarmer
Grass Type: Bewitched Kentucky bluegrass
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by kbgfarmer » October 16th, 2016, 2:31 pm

I used to smoke like a chimney. Tried vaping but went back to cigarettes for awhile. Now I only chew tobacco (moist snuff) and haven't smoked since. For me it's all about harm reduction. As a physician I've done my homework and despite what the anti-tobacco lobby puts out chewing tobacco is far less harmful as compared to cigarettes. Many Scandinavian countries have it correct. They know that for most people getting off nicotine is nearly impossible so they try to get them to switch to a safer alternative such as snus or snuff. Vaping is also much safer though it's being legislated and regulated out of existence by the do gooders in our government. Despite the claims that chewing tobacco causes oropharyngeal cancer this has not been borne out in the studies. The largest risks for this cancer are alcohol and smoking.

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Post by MorpheusPA » October 20th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Four years for me, now! Being a wuss in terms of withdrawal symptoms, and not being in any great hurry to quit completely, I've been nudging my nicotine levels down very slowly. From a high-water point of 22 mg/ml, I'm now down to 0.7 mg/ml (or, what my doctor calls "practically zero.")

But I mix my own liquids (and rewire my own atomizers), so that's cheap and easy. If I could mine lithium in my own back yard, I'd probably make my own 18650 batteries.

These days I use a rebuildable 4 ml tank atop an eVic VTC Mini box mod. And, Andy, I have two spare units in the closet for when this one breaks, plus about 20 backup tanks. They're not immortal.

Southernguy311

Post by Southernguy311 » October 21st, 2016, 12:10 am

Good stuff Andy

I've since stopped using my vape after I got to 0 and the desire subsided. Worked for me!